cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Webmail

N/A

Turn off Webmail

Hi, Is there a way to shut down webmail on my account, as it is picking up some mail which does not get thru to my outlook express.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks Brian.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Turn off Webmail

webmail is just a web based email client which 'looks' at the contents of your mailboxes.You can either use it or not but it has no effect on your mailboxes and cannot affect downloading of email to your email client. There is no way to 'shutdown' webmail as there is nothing to shutdown.

What exactly is the problem you are seeing with not receiving email in outlook express?
N/A

Turn off Webmail

After receiving mail via OE, I sometimes go to web mail just to check, and I find mail there which has not been picked up by OE, which has been sent by a friend, some of which is picked up by OE.
Brian.
Community Veteran

Turn off Webmail

If, after seeing this, you manually force a refresh in outlook express, are the missing emails downloaded?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Turn off Webmail

Hi sleeco,

You have 3 mailboxes on your account: 2 are empty, one has messages stored on the server (that would be visable via webmail). My guess is that you might have the mailbox containing email configured in webmail but not Outlook Express. PM me if you need more details about the mailboxes on your account.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Turn off Webmail

Hi
On the subject of webmail, have just spent a week in spain, and used the webmail every day on a local PC to check and send mail.
Must say I found it very good, once I'd sorted the spanish keyboard out Cool
Ianwild
Grafter

Turn off Webmail

Having been working at our disaster recovery location for the last week, I have also been relying on webmail to cope with my 3000 or so daily emails. apart from a couple of very brief slowdowns, it's been behaving impeccibly as far as I can see too.

Regards,
N/A

Turn off Webmail

Bet you're waiting for some kind comments on that post Ian :lol:
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Turn off Webmail

Bet you're waiting for some kind comments on that post Ian :lol:

Well, here's one for a start.

Having been one of the main detractors of New Webmail, the improvements recently have been good, and now it works probably as well as Old Webmail used to do. (Sounds like a certain political party !) A serious problem I had was that I regularly tried to use it from France which was an utter disaster, but having just returned, I can confirm that even from France, the performance is acceptable again at last.

However, one word of advice. I do not access webmail through the normal members page but I use
http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html which is NOT published by Plusnet for some reason, but loads in simple mode without that irritating, superfluous "You naughty boy, you have gone and logged on in another window; if you do it again, your punishment will be to listen every day to Yesterday in Parliament for the next three months" message. So I cannot be sure whether the normal access route works as well.

So credit is due to Plusnet for sorting this out. It has taken a long time and there have been a lot of harsh words - nearly as bad as the Bad Boys saga - and perhaps it should not have taken four months or more to deal with. Anyway, thank you.

Nick Sherman
LiamM
Grafter

Turn off Webmail

Having been working at our disaster recovery location for the last week

Mind if I ask what this is about?
N/A

Turn off Webmail

Hi, I want to delete any mail addresses in webmail, and it will not let me, is there anyone @ PN who can do this for me.
Thanks
N/A

Turn off Webmail

Having been working at our disaster recovery location for the last week

Mind if I ask what this is about?

Hi there,

Ian and some others are currently down at a builing where we have failover equipment (hence the term he used).

Nothing to worry about they are just using it to train some new members of the company, it get a little crowded in the office otherwise Smiley

Regards,

Rich