cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tumbling popularity on ADSL Guide?

jagger
Grafter

I had a little look at the ADSL guide compare feature the other day.It's a tool I used to use a lot to show how smart I was to choose Plusnet as my ISP.

I was a little surprised at the recent figures,but not wholly astonished considering the activity in the forums lately..

The Customer Support rating has dropped 13 points in 6 months.

Speed and reliability also showed double figure drops.

Steady,reliable drops in actual customer ratings of satisfaction should be a sign for director level questions to be asked within Plusnet.Are these being asked?

It would be reassuring to know that they are being asked as the figures show a freefall drop in Plusnet's previous above average reputation.And the forum rants seem to be increasing over all product points.

So my suggestion is that the directors have a coffee morning as soon as is practicable and figure out just what it is they are doing wrong.

I have always pointed people at the ADSL guide compare feature when they are considering broadband.At the current rate of decline of Plusnet's figures it won't be long before they are not a choice at all.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Tumbling popularity on ADSL Guide?

.And the forum rants seem to be increasing over all product points.

Ah but how many of those rants are from actual excisting Plusnet customers? there is at least one nickname that keeps popping just to keep the fires burning who has'nt been a customer for a month or two now; or ex customers with some sort of axe to grind who are hoping to see Plusnet fall flat on it's face ( it may happen).But then again if you read most of the other ISP's forums they read pretty much the same. So if I was a Plusnet director I would not be losing too much sleep at the moment over postings in "ADSL Guide."
jagger
Grafter

Not the postings sun ( and sorry, I meant the Plusnet forum rants)

It's the compare feature.The figures show a scary drop off from the once solid top slot that Plusnet used to hold without question.Six months ago,based on that feature Plusnet would be attracting a good majority of people who used it to check ISP's.Now, they won't be.

Such as

SPEED June 2005 76% -- October 63% Down 13%

RELIABILTY June 2005 81% -- October 70% Down 11%

CUSTOMER SERVICE June 2005 77% -- October 62% Down 15%

That is a lot of points to be losing in a short time.Remember that this is a feature using the whole customer base voting for their ISP,the effect of one or two people will not be felt in this section,unlike a forum where they can make a lot of bother.
That's why I found it worrying.Plusnet are slipping
N/A

It's the compare feature.

Ok understand now, but I still would not consider it a matter for concern.The trouble with that time period covered is that Plusnet had a rapid influx of the wrong sort of people who were not getting what they thought they were going to get and made an awful lot of noise about it which no doubt filterd down to the "rate your ISP" featuer of ADSLGuide.I would expect that once the dust settles those figures will start rising again fairly soon (fingers crossed)
jagger
Grafter

:lol:

Fair enough.But the forum has been especially active since October.I expect that to be reflected in the ADSL Compare.And I also expect the figures to drop even further, although it is true that it is only those people who can be bothered to vote who will.

Over the last few years I've been happy to vote whole heartedly for Plusnet,and have bathed in the reflected glory of the top spot since I joined way back when.But I couldn't vote as fervently pro Plusnet as I used to.

My premier account seems to be running into previously unknown problems like ping spikes when gaming,and disconnects from servers as well as the occasional line drop.I'm sitting here monitoring my connection to the portal and it is not looking too healthy with lost packets and jumping pings.Other products also all have their detractors.

Whilst I still defend Plusnet against some of the rants in the forum I can't say that I am as optimistic as you.What I can see is a trend and it is a downward trend from a customer satisfaction standpoint.What has happened since October will continue that trend I believe.

Lets face it,if you had to choose today which company to go with it would probably be with the company at the top of the ADSL Guide's chart,just like it was when I signed up here.Only nowadays it would be Zen that got my money,not the lower ranked Plusnet.
Community Veteran

Thread locked. This forum is specifically for valid improvements and suggestions to PlusNet's products and services, not a place to bring overflow from the Community Support forum.

Chris