cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to regrade Home Worker Pro?

N/A

Hi,

I've been having loads of problems trying to get my line from 1mb to 2mb (even though stats show the line should support it).

Realised that my account is "Home Worker Pro - up to 4mb" (been with plusnet for a while and started on home office or similar account). As I can't even get 2mb let alone 4 at the moment I have been looking into "downgrading" my account. However I can't seem to find the relevant account type in the self help forms at all?

I want to "downgrade" to "Home Worker Pro - up to 2mb" as at the moment the extra expense is just waste. How do I got about that?

......or whats the chance of BT's new technology out next year getting anywhere near 4mb to my house with a current attentuation of 41db, noise 31db?
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

With regards to dropping your package down to the Up To 2mb version, I'd advise that you raise a ticket in order to have this carried out, due to the nature of the package that you are on. Please ensure that you state it's the Pro version of the package you wish to remain on.
N/A

Many thanks for the reply. I have raised a ticket with the general regrade section.

As for the downgrade - surely this is simply an admin account change and not an adsl regrade or anything?

I believe this should reduce my monthly payments from £45 (inclusive) to around £31, although I will obviously need to pay for a regrade if my line ever (seems unlikely) works over 2 mb?
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

This would indeed be a simple account downgrade, the only complication comes due to the fact that the account types aren't offered via the portal again. There's not going to be a regrade involved.

Yeah, if your line ever supports anything higher than 2mb, then you would obviously have to pay the regrade fee for the line upgrade.
N/A

I have just had a reply - as you say things are a bit complicated as the account I asked to downgrade too is no longer valid.

I have apparantly been changed to "Business Premier - Up to 2MB (annual contract, no modem)", which is apparantly £34.99 + vat. ??

That is only slightly cheaper than what I am now paying. Also I have been changed from a monthly to annual contract?

I will have to check on the specifications of this account and see how it compares to what I used (?) to have.....

Any suggestions?