Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to migrate in - two weeks now

Bookman
Grafter

Hello,
I signed up to migrate my ADSL into a PlusNet Teleworker account on 23d February.

The Broadband Order Tracker for my account is still languishing at the second of the five stages, i.e. it states "Checking your details. Your order is awaiting submission."

Should it take two weeks to "check my details", whatever that means?

An explanation of what is taking so long would be appreciated.
Thanks!
13 REPLIES
johnmglen
Grafter

This happened to my Dad. His was a problem with BT, they basically cocked it up and the MAC expired. I won't go into how long he was waiting as you may wish to cancel Wink
gswindale
Grafter

What payment details do you have setup? It was taking a while when I signed up almost 2 years ago, but the process sped up once I gave them a debit/credit card as well as my direct debit.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The order has not yet been submitted as we are waiting for your bank to confirm the Direct Debit setup.

This did look like it had already happened, but this proved to be setup incorrectly when we attempted to submit a payment.

As soon as the DD is active an order will be submitted, you can speed this up if you wish by making the inital payment by credit/debit card.

Sorry that this wasn't correctly explained to you.
Bookman
Grafter

The order has not yet been submitted as we are waiting for your bank to confirm the Direct Debit setup. This did look like it had already happened, but this proved to be setup incorrectly when we attempted to submit a payment.

Do you mean "setup incorrectly" by PlusNet or by my bank? I need to know this because if it was my bank I will be contacting them for an explanation.
Bookman
Grafter

...but this proved to be setup incorrectly when we attempted to submit a payment.

On further thought, you may have had problems when you attempted to submit a payment if you used the trading name instead of the bank account name. Your sign-up page doesn't allow for distinction between the two.

I'll phone PlusNet on Monday to get it sorted out.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,

The problem related to an issue on our part, regarding the reference numbers supplied to your bank.

We resubmitted the DD instruction on the 5th, which should become active early next week.
Bookman
Grafter

Thanks for letting me know and for owning up to it being a PlusNet issue. I checked my account online and there is a direct debit set up to PlusNet on the account.

But if it fails again, let me know quickly so that we can sort out the problem and get the migration going.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I think your best bet would be to ring up and ask to make the first payment by card.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

I see where you're coming from, but now I don't see this helping as the Direct Debit will be practically set up by this point.
Bookman
Grafter

I think your best bet would be to ring up and ask to make the first payment by card.

From experience, I have an aversion to giving any more account details than I absolutely need to. My credit card has twice been debited for substantial annual premiums without my permission and without advance warning, once by an insurance company and once by an ISP. If you happen to be on holiday or away on business when this happens, it can cause chaos!

I'll give it a couple more days for the direct debit to work.

By the way, I could have set up the direct debit myself online and immediately in my bank account if PlusNet gave the appropriate details in the sign-up page for customers to do this.

:shock:
James
Grafter

By the way, I could have set up the direct debit myself online and immediately in my bank account if PlusNet gave the appropriate details in the sign-up page for customers to do this.

I appreciate that. The reason we don't is that we do all of this for you (appreciate we messed up in this instance) to save you the hassle of doing so.
Bookman
Grafter

Thanks James...It's the thought that counts!

Perhaps there should be an emoticon specially to designate "Oh gee, I messed up!" Wink
James
Grafter

Shockedops: