cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get out!!

N/A

Trying to get out!!

I am trying to migrate to another ISP but it appears the appalling Force9 Admin haunts you till the end. Despite being told via the Help Assistant that someone will contact me regarding my request I am still waiting. Unlike others who complain about overcharging on their account et. I would willingly pay over the odds to get out of this reasonably good service which is blighted by the worst customer service set up I have ever encountered. :x
9 REPLIES
N/A

Trying to get out!!

You have to give F9 30 days notice to migrate out. Once you have sent your ticket in requesting the MAC, your 30 day countdown begins. You can migrate out at any time during the 30 day period (once you have your MAC), but will still be liable to pay for the service until the end of your 30 days. It could be therefore that you are paying two providers at the same time if you don't time it right.

Processing a MAC can take up to 5 days (I read that in the newsgroup), so bear with the, although if you kick up a bit in the forums/ newsgroups you may find it is processed quicker.

Mark
N/A

Trying to get out!!

Thanks for the info. Have had response to say I can go on 17 Sept and have asked if I can go before if I pay up but no response to that request. However have had response to request for MACC code which is asking if my prospective ISP is taking part in LLU to IP stream reverse migration trials, something I know absolutely nothing about but have asked my pros. ISP. Really not too concerned about paying another month if I can go. Thanks again your info.
N/A

Trying to get out!!

Sounds to me as though you have been placed on the Tiscali LLU. F9 did state a month ago that there was a migration path from LLU to IPStream, but have since reneged on that announcement. They now will only issue a MAC from LLU to IPStream in "exceptional" circumstances and each case is looked at individually. The only reason they will allow a migration is if the service has not worked or is so unreliable as to be unusable.

If you have been LLU'd, it is probably best to find an ISP that already takes part in the LLU scheme because LLU to LLU can be done as far as I know. Otherwise, it will be a cease and re- provide on your line, with all the associated costs.

I am not sure how F9 would fair if reported to Ofcom on this issue. Although they do not state that ADSL will be provided by BT in any of their literature, is is expected these days that a request to leave one provider for another shoulkd not penalise the user financially assuming all contractual obligations have been met.

Mark
N/A

Trying to get out!!

Thanks again Mark, think I understand it all but I will continue to have concern until I get out of F9 one way or the other, though the other way may be somewhat costly.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Trying to get out!!

The other "escape route" is to cancel you service with F9 and then start a new service with any ISP this way you aren't limited to LLU ISP's.

LLU ISP = An ISP offering a broadband service of up to 24Mb (depending on area) i.e. Sky's Free Broadband offering.
N/A

Trying to get out!!

Many thanks to all concerned, quality of response most helpful, pity other bits of F9 not to same standard.
N/A

Trying to get out!!

Sounds to me as though you have been placed on the Tiscali LLU. F9 did state a month ago that there was a migration path from LLU to IPStream, but have since reneged on that announcement. They now will only issue a MAC from LLU to IPStream in "exceptional" circumstances and each case is looked at individually. The only reason they will allow a migration is if the service has not worked or is so unreliable as to be unusable.

If you have been LLU'd, it is probably best to find an ISP that already takes part in the LLU scheme because LLU to LLU can be done as far as I know. Otherwise, it will be a cease and re- provide on your line, with all the associated costs.

I am not sure how F9 would fair if reported to Ofcom on this issue. Although they do not state that ADSL will be provided by BT in any of their literature, is is expected these days that a request to leave one provider for another shoulkd not penalise the user financially assuming all contractual obligations have been met.

Mark

:x The ISP I am planning to move to are not part of the LLU scheme so I guess I will have to terminate and start over again. I am being advised that if my line was previously BT (which it was) it will cost me £69 to set up but the good news is that they have said that if it is confirmed that it is (was) a BT line then they will waive the fee.
N/A

Trying to get out!!

I thought providing a new broadband connection was only £47, which in theory is what you will have as F9 will cease your LLU and the new ISP will re- provide, I must be mistaken.

You say that they will waive the fee, make sure it isn't like the F9 "you stay we pay" scheme. I am sure you will be locked into the new isp for at least 12 months to get the free activation deal.

Mark
N/A

Trying to get out!!

You are correct i will have to repay if I leave before 12 months but this seems to be the going deal with almost all now.
Thanks for the info again Mark.