cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get away!!!

N/A

Trying to get away!!!

Can anybody give me some advice. I am one of the unfortunates the received the email telling me that my line had LLU'd before there was an option to opt out. I did try on Wednesday 11th October 2006 to opt out via the opt out link so thought that was it. Now that i ask for a MAC I get this:

You are currently provisioned via our LLU network, as such it is not possible to issue a standard MAC code for migration. We can, however, provide a LLU - IPStream MAC, although due to the process involved (currently a trial which only a limited number of ISP's are participating in) you are required to confirm that your new ISP will accept these before progressing.

Should this not be the case we would need to cease your service, and you would then need to sign upto another ISP.

Does anybody know who is part of the pilot, I was hoping to move to an Enatanet reseller. Any help would be useful. I'm really regretting my fours years with Plusnet.

Regards,
10 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Trying to get away!!!

I only know of Zen & IDNet. I'm sure that others will be able to suggest a few other service providers though.

Otherwise it would be a case of ceasing and reproviding your line, which the gainng supplier may be willing to do free of charge.
James
Grafter

Trying to get away!!!

In addition to that, I would be vary of signing up to an Entanet reseller currently. If you're going on a monthly contract, then that's fine, but definitely don't go on anything longer than that.

I have money on them being the next e7even.
N/A

Trying to get away!!!

If you were LLUed without warning, opt-out or explicit permission then PN should get you back onto BT IPStream without charge (£47 standard) and then issue you a BT MAC rather than an LLU MAC.

And James, after seeing what people have had to go through on Plusnet over the last 12 months, I would advise signing up to ANY ISP on a monthly basis. After all, how much have PN screwed about with the service in the last year? Pot, kettle, glass houses etc.
James
Grafter

Trying to get away!!!

Sorry, it was a personal opinion, not a company stance.

I believe that they have 3x622mbps centrals with approximately 40k customers (may be wrong here), which suggests that they're paying ~£25 in bandwidth per customer per month, hence my earlier conclusion.
N/A

Trying to get away!!!

Nothing personal James, I'm just rather anti-PN and on my way out of the door atm. I'm also a bit narked from finding out this morning that my exchange has been shagged since the arse end of october and is only scheduled for fix on 15th Dec.

However I do understand that Enta are waiting for a new pipe from BT, due in January. They have been ordering more capacity in order to handle their customer base requirements, but its BT that are the delaying point. However reviews for gaming, P2P etc continue to be good.

As for their business model and the handling of capacity, we'll just have to hope that unlike PN in the last few months, they have got their sums right.

And after last week's performance, enta can hardly be worse.
shellsong
Grafter

Trying to get away!!!

Be accept LLU MACs Wink
N/A

Trying to get away!!!

In addition to that, I would be vary of signing up to an Entanet reseller currently.

Where should we all go then James? :? Smiley Wink
James
Grafter

Trying to get away!!!

You could try MetroNet? Wink
N/A

Trying to get away!!!

Nah, their customer service team isn't up to much from what I hear.

Shockedops:
N/A

Trying to get away!!!

Thanks everyone, it's going to be Be. As long as there are no more problems such as, I still owe 50p for a filter, I missed the small print contained in the small print or I was told that I cannot leave until I am 70 in one of the emails I never received. I do feel sad because when I joined Plusnet it was great. I recommended it to friends and family and some of them have had endless problems. Still, should have known it was too good to be true!!!
I’ll let you all know how I get on. Thanks again.