cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Leave Plusnet £83.75 to cost us.

N/A

I'v been with Plusnet almost 1 year, and our computer basically broke so we no longer have a computer in the house - we also are having BT disconnect our house telephone in 2 weeks.

we've just asked plusnet to cancel after the 12 month period but they tell us we need to pay £83.75 to cancel, did anyone else have to pay this.
8 REPLIES
N/A

This is standard if you have taken the deferred activation option, any hardware and if you still have contractural obligations.

The free activation and hardware offer works on a "you stay we pay" basis and the amount owed reduces every year you remain a customer until the end of year 5 when it becomes free.

This is explained on the product sign up pages before sign up.

In essence Plus Net have paid BT for the activation of your line and this is clawed back under this scheme or offset if the customer remains.
N/A

we are going to ask to leave after 12months but we are told we still have to pay £83.75 to pay to leave.

We also transferred from AOL to plusnet, and still have the aol modem, infact we have the plusnet modem boxed and never been opened.
N/A

Re: Trying to Leave Plusnet £83.75 to cost us.

Mark,

But surely £83.75 is a little much. the activation is £50 approx and £30 for the usb modem so how did this work out.

Actually coming to think of it by how much is the deferred activation and hardware costs reduced per year ? Thats one I have forgotten in amongst recent issues lol.

we've just asked plusnet to cancel after the 12 month period but they tell us we need to pay £83.75 to cancel, did anyone else have to pay this.
N/A

Could you just confirm whether you migrated in from AOL or if this was a normal activation.

It would be best if you replied to your ticket asking for a breakdown of the costs involved and the reason for them being applied.

Tom, it depends on when the activation took place, if it took place. Prior to the price reduction the activation charge was £58.75 including VAT. BT subsequently reduced this.
N/A

Migrated from aol, we left aol in the cooling off period because you guys brought out the 14.99 offers.
N/A

Fair enough. That rules out the activation charge.

As i suggested in the previous post, ask the CSC to clarify what you are being charged and why. There may have been a mistake here.

BTW, I dont work for PN. Smiley
JonathanW
Grafter

If its after a full year, then £83.75 is a little high.

But I've picked up the ticket that you've raised and given you a break down of where the costs have come from.
N/A

Ahh right Mark.

Im just looking around the great big WWW again after having been away for soo long ( taking the micheal ), so im trying to play catch up :lol: