cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricks to improve synch rate

N/A

Before being upgraded to MAX, I had a relatively stable 1MB line. Soon after upgrade it became a 0.5MB line and it took a while to get CS to change the profile to get me back to where I was in the beginning.

I had been receiving rather flaky MSR's recently of 1- 1.5MB, fluctuating on a regular basis, which I was resonably happy with. I saw on the +Net newsgroup some "tweaks" that could be made, including removing the ring wire from the sockets. I have done that and my synch has increased yet further and I am currently on a 2MB profile, but I believe I am synching higher. Next step is to fit a filtered face plate (no, not to me but to the telephone wiring Cheesy ).

My question is, if 512 equates to a 0.5MB line speed, how can 2272 equate to 2MB as it is not 4x 512? (I get 2272 from my parent's modem as this is what they are syching at on a 2MB line). The next question is, what synch speeds would I have to get to achieve a 2.5MB or even 3MB (definitely out of the question but....) profile?

Thank you kindly

Mark
2 REPLIES
N/A

The sync rate for 512 (512k) should be 576 and the sync rate for 2048 (2MB) should be 2272 IIRC - I can't remember offhand why, but if you look at Kitz' website it may tell you.

The sync speed for 2.5MB is apparently around about 2848kbps and 3424 for 3MB according to http://www.f9.net.uk/support/broadband/network/dslmax_guide.shtml
N/A

Cheers Colin.