cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricked!!!

N/A

Tricked!!!

I recently joined PN..just over a week ago to be exact. I had been with PN years ago and chose them again because I thought that they had the best deal around (Premiere)... you know.. good service...no downloads caps.. no traffic shaping...no activation fee..free USB modem... yada yada yada!!

Wow what a different story a week later, once I recieved the new T&C I called up to cancel... then I was told about about having to PAY for hardware, and PAY for the ACTIVATION fee)....hmmm I distinctly remember the word FREE when I signed up!!!

In summary, Nothing is free just DEFERED!!! not a good move in my book!!, and now I have to pay £80+ to get out of a contract - (looks like i've just been stung for £80!!)

I must say that having read all the posts regarding the new T&C and other PN policies and procedures I am definately not very happy, I think that the staff at PN should realise that their customers are not happy for a reason!! and I think that they should listen to what is being said or there will be a lot of customers leaving!!

Anyone know of any other good ISP's?

Ciao
33 REPLIES
N/A

Tricked!!!

no, the hardware is free when you agree to a one year contract, you pay no more than someone else with the same service who didn't get the free hardware, i think you should go to AOL, then you can see just how good PN really is!
N/A

Tricked!!!

Just take up them trying to claim the activation fee with your Citizens Advice Bureau, you'll see they cannot claim it off you as they changed your T&C, they are trying as I presume it puts people off if PN say it but they cannot claim it as they have changed the T&C that you agreed to pay the deferred payments on.

Hardware however needs to be paid for but I would ask the CAB as obviously this was part of the original agreement also.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Tricked!!!

When I think of plus net I think of con artists and charlatans, i really wouldn't put anything past them, i even reckon they send out undercover plusnet employees to spam ADSL guide forums saying how great plusnet is when clearly it’s rubbish and run by extortionists
Community Veteran

Tricked!!!

Plus has it's problems but that's going a tad to far I think.

I am very happy with the level of service I receive from PN including tickets etc. However their customer relations skills leave a lot to be desired.
N/A

Tricked!!!

I agree. For the most part they're pretty good, especially when compared to companies like Bulldog. But customer service does seem to have slipped a little and could do with improving.
N/A

sad!!

i think it's sad for people to start throwing insults around, try being more constructive with your ideas!!!! these forums used to be great for ideas and help, sad to see them dragged down by people who don't understand what these forums are used for!!
N/A

Tricked!!!

Here's an idea - why don't plusnet actually listen to their customers? Its obvious to anyone that what they're doing isn't a good idea so why not just back down over it rather than risk losing a lot of your customers and more importantly your reputation - this will affect future take up.

I've referred two people to plusnet so far, but today when someone asked me who they should go with for their broadband I found myself unable to recommend plus net over recent events.
N/A

Tricked!!!

try being more constructive with your ideas!!!!
Yer lets just forget all their promises, ignore the fact they ripping people off and tell people they are a fantastic ISP, that positive, lying but positive.
suec45
Grafter

Tricked!!!

i think you should go to AOL, then you can see just how good PN really is!

I think you should coose talktalk, this would also show you how bad an ISP really CAN be...
N/A

Tricked!!!

I am sure there are worse ISP's but do you want to be with the one which is pretty near the bottom and PN are.
N/A

Tricked!!!

That seems to be a bit harsh, aside from the recent T&C change (idiotic) there is little to complain about for the majority of customers. Some (too many) seem to have been experiencing connection drop outs and speed problems but this is still 'so so' in comparison to most ISP's (think NTL, no don't......) and Plus are very cheap.

While I wouldn't doubt Plus are moving the wrong way at present, comparing them to some of the more dubious operators is perhaps unfair.

Jay
N/A

Tricked!!!

How more dubious can you get than charging customers for products they do not have without telling the customer that is what they are paying for?
Community Veteran

Tricked!!!

try being more constructive with your ideas!!!!
Yer lets just forget all their promises, ignore the fact they ripping people off and tell people they are a fantastic ISP, that positive, lying but positive.

Rather than continually moaning about e-mails that didn't get sent, try to work with plus to improve their service for the future, the e-mail point is important, but I don't think plus are going to forget it that easily and I doubt very much they are going to send one now, 4 months on.
N/A

Tricked!!!

I thought that businesses were supposed to work with their customers, if over the past 6 months they had shown any inkling at doing that then I am sure their customers would have responded.

Did they even consult over withdrawing FUP or did they just do it, whatever anyone thought?
Did they consult their mods over exterminating two customers?
Did they consult over time-outs on two accounts?

The emails are typical not atypical of their conduct. Is it only 4 months that the email saga has gone on. Soon be in their shareholders meetings too.