cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic management level reset?

N/A

last month I got placed on level 1 and my billing date is the 28th.

when I got placed on level 1 I noticed my speeds on a private torrent site dropped down to around 50-55k/Bs (between 8am - 12am)

But we are now on the 2nd, 4 days after my billing date and my speeds are still no better? is this right, when will it be reset?
7 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Your traffic profile will be reset within twenty four hours of being successfully billed. Generally, this is the day after your billing date, unless you aren't making payments via card, in which case things can take a little longer.
N/A

well I'm paying via direct debit and my speeds are still no better?? as I have have already said, I'm well past the 24 hour mark, 4 days in fact.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Your traffic profile will be reset within twenty four hours of being successfully billed. Generally, this is the day after your billing date, unless you aren't making payments via card, in which case things can take a little longer.

General question re this topic.
Why can't the traffic profile be reset on the billing date without waiting to see if the payment has been received. If the payment hasn't been received other restrictions automatically come into effect. This does seem a somewhat odd procedure.
JonathanW
Grafter

This is with it being a manual process, the event of successful billing was picked to be used as the trigger for a reset. Though this is likely to change as part of the automation, when the system is much more refined.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

That is the part I don't understand. If the successful billing is somewhat variable depending on the payment method used why wasn't the actual billing date used as a trigger for the manual script being run. This would seem to be much fairer and clearer.
It would also avoid all these annoying questions.
N/A

This is with it being a manual process, the event of successful billing was picked to be used as the trigger for a reset. Though this is likely to change as part of the automation, when the system is much more refined.

Does the usage between VMU reset date, and Management reset date, count towards the "Clean To" allowance? I'd suggest it shouldn't, because if someone is being managed and uses xGB during the peaktime hours on p2p/ftp/usenet, whilst they're getting a slower speed, they're not actually getting their full "Clean To" allowance.

Please can you confirm this.
N/A

That's a good point. I'm on level 1 and will be billed tomorrow - if it's taking 4 or more days to reset then I'm not being provided the advertised service...