cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally confused and I've had enough, Bye!

ormesher01
Grafter

Could you send me a MAC code please, the reason I am leaving is due to the constant disconnections from the service from which PN could not resolve. Eventually PN said I had left to another ISP so take it up with my new provider?? (This will be documented against my account)I hadn't requested to leave at allHuh. After much more hastle PN decided I hadn't left them after all but last week I had a call off Tiscali saying I was with them??. Totally confused and I've had enough, bye!

Geoff
26 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Sorry to hear of your issues. Anything I can help with? If you are experiencing a fault, please report this to us via http://faults.plus.net - I can't see any contacts on your account since November last year.

To request a MAC key, you need to do this, in writing, via our online Help Assistant. I can see you have done this, and you request will be responded to in due course.
Community Veteran

Geoff

Before moving to another ISP its worth trying to sort out your connections problems.

Connection problems can be caused by many things, such as the quality of your phone line and internal wiring within your house. Your micro filters and other hardware (routers/modems) all of which are outside of PlusNet's control and will move to your new ISP with you.

So if these are causing the problem, you will continue to experience it.

Chilly
Slick
Grafter

bye then
aeroalfie
Grafter

bye then

:lol: :lol:
Community Veteran

@aeroalfie & woteva

I really don't think your comments (or lack of) warrant any space in this thread.

I would suggest that one would hold one's tongue before adding anything into a thread would be most beneficial to all concerned, or you might find yourselves branded as forum trolls.
Community Veteran

Agreed, those types of responses are not helpful to either the original poster or the Forum Community as a whole. Please refrain from making them in future.

Chris
aeroalfie
Grafter

@aeroalfie & woteva

I really don't think your comments (or lack of) warrant any space in this thread.

I would suggest that one would hold one's tongue before adding anything into a thread would be most beneficial to all concerned, or you might find yourselves branded as forum trolls.

And your comment in this thread adds what exactly?
Give a rest with the hollier than thou attitude or you might find your self branded as an arragent self styled know it all up his/her own bottom.
aeroalfie
Grafter

:arrow:
James
Grafter

I think Roger has made a valid point. I'm perfectly happy to be referred to as an arrogant knowitall if it makes you feel any better.

Your posts are not helping. Please desist.
Community Veteran

I would second the opinion that perhaps better to stay put until the connection issues are resolved. Once they are resolved, if the service is still not up to your expectations, then at least any migration would not have the added complications of connection faults too.

In my experience, the PN support regarding connection issues is top notch. Yes we can have debates about speeds and restrictions blah blah, but the basics of connectivity are a common factor across all suppliers, and they all have to revolve around the initial provider, be that BT or Tscalli for LLU, so whichever supplier you are with, they will need to liase with the wholesale provider to resolve the issue.

You are then reliant on the ISP's links and working relationship with the wholesale provider. If its BT, then PN are now "pretty close" to BT you could say, and with the number of LLU connections they will be putting with Tiscalli, I can only assume that therelationship is pretty strong there.

My personal experience is that PN are more than able to resolve any basic connectivity problems with the wholesalers, as quickly if not more so than other ISP's. So if I were in your predicament, I would have the basic connectivity isue ironed out here, and then consider my options moving forward, I think it would be the path of least resistance.
aeroalfie
Grafter

I think Roger has made a valid point. I'm perfectly happy to be referred to as an arrogant knowitall if it makes you feel any better.

Is Rodger unable to answer for himself, or does he need his 'gang' for back up.

Please desist

Is that a threat?
Community Veteran

I think it was a request to be honest, anyway, shouldnt we be trying to help the OP or discuss reasnons behind it happening, and what could be done to prevent it in future?

Carrying on with reponses like that will simply end up in the thread being locked, which aides nobody, especially the OP.

I think the first stage is to assess if there are any markers on the line, i.e. Do BT have a move regsitered or pending, its been known for markers to be put on the line in error.

Not that Im confident that will be the answer, but its more progress toward resolving the issue than handbag swinging on a forum.

/2p
bobbygeorge
Grafter

the reason I am leaving is due to the constant disconnections from the service from which PN could not resolve

I think a large majority disconnect issues tend to be local to the user (ie, line state, internal wiring etc) and not plusnet.

leaving to another ISP may only result in you taking the problem with you.

why not post your router stats ?Huh
kwhawell
Grafter

Hi guys, just to add my value to this post, I was having serious issues when I was maxed to start with, disconnections, lots of packet errors, according to my router stats, I had a draytek vigor 2600G at the time, I had tried different filters, and things, to no avail, I borrowed a speedtouch 520 or whatever it is, and it was stable, turned out my router was as far as I could deduce, totally knackered, or very unhappy at max speeds, anyway I bought the new version of the router, the draytek vigor 2800G and I now have a steller connection synchronising at 7610kbps! the speedtouch synched at 8000kbps but didn't offer me the facilities I needed, a friend had kindly given me it and if I had been in a position to use it if I hadn't been running my own FTP for my friends to upload podcast material, I would have been happy to use that one. to the origional poster, I would advise, you check to see if you need new filters, perhaps borrow some to test, give it a few days with the different filters to see what that does, if the problem persists, return to the origional ones, and try a different router if you can, both with the origional filters and a borrowed or new set, this will help to determine the problem possibly, if the router has issues, on the old filters but not a new set you've sorted it, and just need to obtain a new set of filters, if the router has issues on both sets both the borrowed filters and origional ones, try with a different router modem, and perhaps try a different link cable between the line and modem router, that could be faulty, seriously, these problems can be difficult to resolve, but if you take things step by step, checking one thing at a time, returning to origional configuration at the end of each test so you know what you have tried before moving on, you'll get the problem solved faster, if needs be, write down what changes you made, so you can keep track of the fault status, I mean, what changes you made, and if it helped, or not.