cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally Unacceptable

LiamM
Grafter

Totally Unacceptable

Not if there are new ADSL connections between the cease on the old line and the order for the new line.
27 REPLIES
N/A

Totally Unacceptable

I have moved house over 4 weeks ago - I have remained on the same exchange (Sutton In Ashfield) and kept my same BT telephone number and broadband account with Plusnet.

My telephone line has been working since 16th Sept in my new property and yet I still await my broadband activation on this line.....I am now being told by Plusnet CS that the exchange now has no capacity - yet all exchange trackers show this not to be the case and all are clear in terms of capacity - I have also spoken with BT wholesale who also confirm no such exchange capacity issues.

Having just spoken with BT about signing up with them as a new customer....they have confirmed both my line & local exchange have no issues and if I placed an order today then I could be up a running in days with BT Yahoo.

Please someone explain why there is such an unacceptable difference between what BT advise me & what Plusnet are saying.

I can now not wait any longer for broadband - it’s becoming a farce - if I do not have broadband activated by the end of today then my Plusnet account will be cancelled and I will go elsewhere.

FYI - I was just about to have my seven employees all have their business accounts set up with Plusnet - this will now be reviewed with an alternative ISP supplier being actively sought by myself.

Is this how the broadband market & BT work today? - no wonder Cable users are on the up.

My contact ticket number is - 17382144 in case someone from Plusnet would like to investigate my case
LiamM
Grafter

Totally Unacceptable

As far as I am aware, it takes a lot longer to activate broadband if you take the same number with you when you move, for some reason.
Community Veteran

Totally Unacceptable

Im sure I did not have that much downtime when I moved.

I took my number with me too. If I recall correctly my line ceased at my "old" house a day before I moved, and was enabled about 3 days later on the new house (two days after I moved in).

I'll see if I can dig through my ticket history (if it goes back that far) and see exactly what happened.

Edit: all the above was done via Plusnet too - so it sounds like somethings just been missed somwhere...

Edit again: It seems my cease took place on the 13th June (after giving 7 days notice of moving house) and I raised a ticket on the 15th - so all in I was without BB for about a week. I can't recall exactly, I was moving house so had a few other things on my mind.

You may find that BT have moved the respective goal posts as far as cease/reprovide requests are concerned now though, I moved home in June 2003.

Hope you get it sorted shortly.
N/A

Moving House

I moved house, kept the same local exchange, the same number and had BT activate Broadband on my line as well. They gave me a job number to pass on to PlusNet. Which I did. It still took a week!

Since being with PlusNet the email is very slow to get out (like a DNS error), the internet is unreliable, and I keep getting the BT Wholesale error/fault page (http://194.74.65.9Cool instead of the web page I want!

PlusNet told me last week it's all my problem at my end...yet BT Wholesale seem to disagree. I wonder who's right?
N/A

Totally Unacceptable

As far as I am aware, it takes a lot longer to activate broadband if you take the same number with you when you move, for some reason.

Totally ignoring BT have said there are no problems and the line can be activated in 3/4 days for a new order.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Totally Unacceptable

Hi,

Looking at the order in BT's system it does indeed show "Delay reason: NO CAPACITY IN EXCHANGE". That's the information we have coming direct from BT Wholesale. The latest capacity report is showing that your exchange is due an increase in capacity on 1st October.

I can say though that the situation will be exactly the same with any ISP, if not then we would be raising this with our account manager because if we are getting a no capacity message then so should every other ISP.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Totally Unacceptable

Hi wizarduk,

This type of problem is often caused by your PC or router picking up a BT DNS server. If you try specifying our DNS servers

in your network settings this should resolve the problem.
N/A

Totally Unacceptable

Does anybody have some additional BT Wholesale direct telephone numbers & contacts points - obviously between BT Wholsale & Plusnet someone is giv ing me incorrect information.

Wholesale have just told be there are no issues on my exchange or line & that they only TODAY received my order and will commence procedings for completion this Saturday - whereas however Plusnet are saying that's bollderdash their systems that connect to BT wholsale are showing capacity issues & it will not happen until BT add additional capacity at the exchange.

WHO do I believe BT Wholesale or PlusnetHuh - no one gives me a straight answer & I just end up playing telephone tennis
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Totally Unacceptable

You are not able to contact BT Wholesale. Only your ISP can contact them. I would be inclined to believe PlusNet because of the many reports of "a BT engineer has told me this", and what they are being told is completely wrong.

Phil
N/A

Totally Unacceptable

Hmmm BT telling ISPs porkies..... Nah :?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Totally Unacceptable

I should have said as well, remember BT Wholesale is different from BT Retail who you contact about the voice side of your line.

Phil
N/A

Totally Unacceptable

Hi,

Looking at the order in BT's system it does indeed show "Delay reason: NO CAPACITY IN EXCHANGE". That's the information we have coming direct from BT Wholesale. The latest capacity report is showing that your exchange is due an increase in capacity on 1st October.

I can say though that the situation will be exactly the same with any ISP, if not then we would be raising this with our account manager because if we are getting a no capacity message then so should every other ISP.

Dave - I have checked now with three differing ISP's - they all report no issues with line speed availability or exchange capacities - the only report back was that they couldn't finish signing me up as a new users due to a current order in situ with yourselves - what is going on here - throughout my various good contacts in the BTorganisation - they will complete me a new order if the current one is cancelled and MAC code issued by Plusnet - then hopefully 5-7 days for activation.

Someone is not telling me the truth here - BT's "ECO" systems show no issues and an order is progressing - your telling me something different - I would like a difinitive answer today otherwise Cable it is for me.

Thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Totally Unacceptable

eCo won't show any capacity issues, a pre-order check for a phone number will not show up if there's a lack of capacity at an exchange. Only if you actually place an order or check the "Go Sell Report" which BT Wholesale publish weekly will it show up that there's no capacity.
joncooper
Grafter

Totally Unacceptable

pardon my ignorance, but why would the exchange being 'at capacity' make any difference?

my understanding is the OP is giving up his old ADSL connection and requiring a new one at his new address

so, he gives up one connection, takes up another, net result = exactly the same exchange load, no?