cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally Confused about MaxDSL - Please help me

N/A

Yes you definitely should have. All "Upto 4Mbps" (now Premier Option 2) and "Upto 8Mbps" (now Premier Option 3) should have been upgraded (or at least had their order submitted) by now according to PlusNet. Submit a ticket and ask why you have no been and it should be addressed.

It may be worth checking your tickets to see if an order has been placed but just not occurred yet before raising a new ticket though.
12 REPLIES
alliejc
Grafter

Hi there,

I have been reading all the posts about MaxDSL and the order in which people will be upgraded etc etc but I'm more confused then ever now.

I signed up for 2mg Premier account back in August 2004, when the price was £39.99. When the price dropped, I chose to still keep paying the higher price in order to get the up to 8mg speed when it became available.

Initially, I was under the impression that this would mean I would be one of the first to be upgraded but now I'm not so sure.

Should I have been upgraded by now?

Thanks in advance,

Allie
Community Veteran

Yes, you should have been upgraded.

If you haven't (check your mode or router sync rate to check), then raise a ticket, and it may be worth a PM to Dave Tomlinson as well

Then request a refund - because the extra you have been paying has not bought you what they promised.
Community Veteran

All of the up to 4Mb and up to 8Mb customers should have had their MaxDSL upgrade submitted to BT by now (but not necessarily to actually get the upgrade done) but a few seem to have slipped through the net recently so I suggest you raise a ticket and ask if your upgrade has been submitted.

Note: there is a long delay in replying to tickets so it may take a few days before you get an answer.
alliejc
Grafter

Thanks guys, I thought that was the case. I have checked my tickets and there is no mention of the order being submitted so I need to raise a ticket.

Can someone tell me the exact options to choose when doing so, to ensure that it reaches the right department? It's probably blindingly obvious but I've got a hell of a headache today so even the simplest task is causing me trouble at the moment!

Thanks again,

Allie x
N/A

I wouldn't say it's blindingly obvious, the 'wizard' can be somewhat of a black art. I'd suggest Account Changes -> Upgrade My Account -> Other account type upgrades. Or just skip the wizard altogether. As Peter says there may well be some delay in getting this looked at due to the time currently being taken to deal with tickets (unless someone from comms jumps in).
alliejc
Grafter

Thank you!

Allie
alliejc
Grafter

Well I raised a ticket but all I got was a standard response that all customers are currently being upgraded and only so many regrades can be done per day and that I should use the queue jumper.

What can I try next?

Thanks,

Allie
N/A

Just wait for a member of the Comms team to read this thread and they'll sort it asap
shellsong
Grafter

Don't wait! PM one of the Comms Team with the relevant information immediately!
Mand
Grafter

I'm on it guys Smiley
JonathanW
Grafter

Well, Mand's gone home. But I've picked up on this and everything should be sorted ouf roy ou shortly, alliejc.
Community Veteran

Re: Totally Confused about MaxDSL - Please help me

When the price dropped, I chose to still keep paying the higher price in order to get the up to 8mg speed when it became available.

Mand

Can alliejc expect a refund of her increased subscriptions - which as stated above, she only paid to get a PRIORITY upgrade, as PROMISED by plusnet.

I, along with may others who have not paid one penny over the odds, have been upgraded ahead of Allie, so if plusnet have any belief in honesty and customer service at all, then ALL the increased payments should be refunded immediately.

Cheers.