cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Confusion re install

N/A

Hi,

I requested ADSL at a branch site my company is opening, and soon after receiving the confirmation email that checks were proceeding amended my contact details to be the head office site. This was carried out using the 'amend my details' page and i quote " The details entered below are your contact details - they do not affect your actual Internet connection."

This would appear to have confused the activation team, who are trying to activate ADSL on a geographically distant postcode, not to mention an ISDN30 line.

Any one else had this experience??

p.s. I have raised a ticket - 11455349. Any support guys care to comment - this now means that activation is going to go well beyond the normal 7-10 days and putting back the launch of our new site?Huh
5 REPLIES
N/A

I can't comment for the first part, but you should be able to upload your site (if you're talking about your PlusNet webspace) as soon as you get your account details confirmed. Although, you won't be able to if you want to upload to the CGI server, as this requires you to have a PlusNet IP.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You changed the address details before we submitted the order so when it validated the phone number it didn't match BT's records. I've changed it back and resubmitted it, the order should go through later this afternoon and be activated in about 7-10 days.
N/A

Perhaps the note should be changed to "The details entered below are your contact details - they do not affect your actual Internet connection - Unless you're not yet activated"? Smiley
N/A

Thanks for your help on this Dave.

I will amend the contact details to the correct ones one the ADSL is fully active Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

That shouldn't cause any problems, just one thing to remember if you ever move the ADSL service we'd update the address details to the new address it was moved to.