cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torrent's on plus.net is ANY 1 getting a very poor download

N/A

Hi is any 1 geting a crap download because my are awfull my torrent's are never on green any more my port numbers have never changed SO is it got to to with Plus net !!!! :idea: :idea: :?: can some 1 let me know because i just rang up plus net and they do not know if they are blocking the torrent sites (i think they do) !!!
If any 1 knows let me know
thanks droog's write back need to know other wize i am going to another isp .
29 REPLIES
revgravin

After several contacts with CS in the last few weeks about this, they came back the other day saying:

"I have just tried a torrent (Ubuntu Linux Install) and was seeing speeds in excess of 100kbps.
Unfortunately this is not a problem at our end in this instance."

Almost immediately for two days I got very fast D/L speeds then it went back to normal.

I have now got my MAC Key.

The same thing happened with dropped connections which magically righted itself after many complaints. PN will not admit to it being them causing the probs. and, in their ignorance, treat us like dumb a**es.

Got my MAC, when I get my hat, I'll be gone.
Revvy
shellsong
Grafter

@gethic02
Try putting "torrent" in the Forum search engine and take your pick! Wink
LiamM
Grafter

Torrents by their nature can be very slow do to the seeds : peers ratio.

Try setting multiple torrents off at the same time and seeing what total speed you can acheive. I had 5 or 6 torrents acheiving 230k/s together the other day.

And a test torrent that was floating around the forum got right up to 220k/s within 2 minutes.
jagger
Grafter

Yep,
I had a single torrent going at 170 KB/s odd this morning.
N/A

@gethic02
Try putting "torrent" in the Forum search engine and take your pick! Wink

hi i only have yelow on bit torrent NOT green my settings are right on my router do you have green or yellow when you download of torrent Huh
jagger
Grafter

If you mean green or yellow on the tracking sites,that's the health indicator of the torrent.I only bother going for green ones.It would be pointless going for a torrent marked in yellow or red.Even a few of the green ones don't start correctly.

One thing worth remembering is that the PlusNet servers are only one step in what could be a very long chain to d/l a torrent.I think saying it must be PN is a bit harsh.Unless, of course, you've been hammering the downloads night and day.In which case you may well be throttled.

I use a decrepit old Zoom 5510B modem.
Community Veteran

i have no problems with torrents, at first it didnt work correct but thats cos the torrent program wasnt picking up the upnp data from my router so i have manually set the port forward and i now get very fast and reliable torrents.
N/A

i have no problems with torrents, at first it didnt work correct but thats cos the torrent program wasnt picking up the upnp data from my router so i have manually set the port forward and i now get very fast and reliable torrents.

is it on yellow when you download fast meanion it is on green >?
Alecto
Grafter

See how you get on with this Test Torrent.
It is safe, and normally gets up to 200kB within a few minutes. If you are on premier, you should get a green face on Azureus, and get 200kB plus download.
Make sure your upload is limited to about 18kB first though.
(ps. I've never done that on a Saturday evening at peak time, so you might be better trying it tomorrow morning when the network is quieter).
N/A

I get on average between 45 - 80 kb/s downloads : running about 10 torrents at a time.

One thing I have noticed though is that LimeWire has died this week - not sure whos fault that is though... :?
N/A

Limewire is fine here !
N/A

I get rubbish speeds using torrents never gets above 20kB/s
N/A

Once again speed is slow............I've got 6 torrents running and have been for about 30 mins and the total speed for the 2mb premier account that I'm getting with them is............13.3kB/s. Now this has got to be a joke rightHuh?Am I on beadles about or something?
Get it sorted.
N/A

Again, torrents here run fine, had 3 well seeded ones last night maxing the connection out (I use ABC).