cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torrent Speeds getting worse

N/A

I'm trying to download a short movie - *completely legal* - called "Star Wreck- The Pirkinning" from
http://www-fi1.starwreck.com/download.php
With 97 connected seeds the top speed I have achieved is 43.2kB/s after 15 minutes and it's going to take (an estimated) 3h 40mins to download a 541.3mb file.
IMHO I would have hoped for better speeds on a 2mb Premier connection

Is anyone/everyone else suffering these dire speeds?
79 REPLIES
N/A

ur lucky, i am getting 10kbps
N/A

about 20kb/s for me :shock:
N/A

I guess I am lucky :roll:
N/A

118kb/s here on premier 1mb..........mind you it is a direct download and not a torrent Cheesy
N/A

I'm getting around 200kB/s with Direct Download and yes I know PN throttle Premier between 4pm - midnight BUT the speeds achieved on bittorrent were well below what should reasonably be expected, and certainly much slower than the qouted 5% slowdown due to throttling.
Even at other times, for example 6.30am today ,the speeds from sites (with at least 90 -100 connected seeds) was far below what I was getting a few weeks ago.
*If*I thought that this situation would persist and/or that I would fare better elsewhere. I would gladly pay to leave PN - I am only in month 3 of a 12 month contract.
Disillusionment and frustration has set in very quickly
N/A

I`m getting between 21 and 29kb/s on torrent.....which is in fact...she....ite :roll:
N/A

Got home today for the 1st time since wednesday...thought id treat myself to some nice downloads...only to find i've been sat here since 4pm and nothing at all has finished....max speed? ~20kb/sec....DAMN i'm so glad i upgraded from Plus...these premier speeds are AWESOME </sarcasm>
N/A

My torrent speeds are great.
N/A

My torrent speeds are great.

What are they? It doesn't seem fair some people (although not many) get alot better speeds than others...and PN can't blame it on location or what not because I always got maximum speeds when i was with Pipex and getting torrents from Uknova
N/A

mate my office is 25m down the road and i get much faster torrent speeds on my work 1mb zen line... which is a home connection but hey there's only 3 of us, 50:1 1mb quicker than 30:1 2mb... yeah thanks for the great service.
egrog52
Grafter

downloaded it 2 nights ago only took an hour and 15 minutes
N/A

21kbs on torrent vs 224kbs on direct download. This looks a little more than a 10% reduction to me!!!
egrog52
Grafter

I was using Azureus and it fair flew in
N/A

the speeds on that torrent are flying, i am running it on my dedicated server in the usa, and downloaded it on my NTL cable connection maxed out at 3mbit (375kb/s).
plus.net at my student house... what a joke, lol
i saw another poster say vpn is not managed, tempted to run a tunnel to my dedicated server and route all traffic over that... Cheesy