cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torrent, Soulseek, & Direct Connect Speed Problems

N/A

Hello.

Recently been getting amazingly awful download speeds on torrents, soulseek & direct connect

I thought it might be because i'd set it up the wrong way, but i've double checked with people who have it working correctly & my settings match them.

Plusnet use to be good, you are really annoying me at the moment & really want to change isp's

fair usage sucks (i thought you wasn't going to introduce this?) i keep getting disconnected every other hour.

I'm really on the last straw with this isp, it's getting beyond a joke. it's like being at 56k again damnit!

anyone else getting slow speeds on p2p programs?

thanks.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Very slow speeds from 10.00am till midnight,rest of the time it is not to bad.Could be better.
N/A

Hello,

Please read here its quite a long read i think my last few posts on that thread summed it up, i would have liked to be proven wrong.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49448&start=165

It's clean and sweep time for plusnet, i suggest to use the poll and cast your vote, if at all it practically means nothing.

Another long time user and first time poster. :!:
N/A

yeah, ain't posted here cause i've had no problem until now. i do remember getting really high speeds in the eraly mornings. is there anyway i can sort this out? or is it down the plusnet?
N/A

hi,

It's came to the end of the road for plusnet with me because of the programs like you use don't work anymore for me.
N/A

maybe sky broadband is the next step? is that limited? it's 16mb right? i don't even know how to go about canceling this pile of crap?
N/A

Well it simple really go to,

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/ Pick a new ISP take your time there is many but only a few worthy of the name ISP.

Then go to here
and get the mac, which you might take to the new ISP web page you pick and paste it in to MAC HERE: [box] whilst going through the ording processs, you will need things like payment details and telephone number of your line.

Then come back to the help and support to remind them that you want your payment details canceled for your next bill will be from your new isp.

Or you can carry on with plusnet.
N/A

i'll check that site out mate.

i've just checked sky & they have a 8mb service with a 40gb cap (which i prolly won't exceed) for £17 p/m which i feel is quite good.

Do you know any other uk isps which don't have caps, or atleast have high caps which i could check out?

in the mean time i'll check out this url you've given me.

Thanks.
shellsong
Grafter

Another useful place to look is http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_info.php you can usually find comments that people have made about any given ISP (there are 430 about PlusNet at the last count!)