cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To no7olivier and anybody else this might apply to.

N/A

This is an email I sent to no7olivier, now I speak my mined, so this may apply to other on the same wavelength as no7olivier.

I have no problem in people having there own opinions but I am fed up every time I post something, that happy customers think i dont have a right to complain or other unhappy customers.

It works both ways.

I thought I would email you as I do not want a slanging match and wreck someones topic.

I understand what you are saying, but plusnet have had plenty of time to listen to peoples moaning or complaints, they have not listened to there customers and are still not listening

Now I am a very customer oriented sort of person and I believe we should receive the service we pay for, you might think that dave is helping customers, he is not, he is telling you a lot of crap, if you wish to believe what dave is saying, then that is up to you but he will not pull the wool over my eyes.

Ben brown seem to be better than dave.

Also I dont mined that you are happy with plusnet, but can you please stop telling people who complain about plusnet on these forums, to stop complaning about plusnet.

If you have read what I have said in a lot of my posts, that if plusnet listened to there customers then they would not have all these complaints, plus it is no good in dave giving a lot of spin, as I have said before actions speak louder than words.

I will continue to complain or make my point till I leave and nobody is going to stop me from doing that, just like I dont stop you from saying how happy you are with plusnet.

When plusnet stops misleading and lying to there customer then I will stop moaning.

Thankyou beechpark
57 REPLIES
N/A

you might think that dave is helping customers, he is not, he is telling you a lot of crap

Hi beechpark,

I have read much of what you have written recently and have little issue with much of it. I do however take exception to the attack on Dave T.

Irrespective of what you feel, I have worked with Dave on these boards for a few years and am well aware of the level of commitment and dedication he has for us customers. I couldnt count the number of times he has personally intervened to assist me or one of my clients.

Plus Net have many issues at the moment, most of which stem from higher up the chain than Dave. He has a job to do and rules to follow.

Dave is straightforward and very customer focused, as are the rest of the comms team.

We all make mistakes at times, Dave has fully admitted his recent mistake and must be given credit for that.

I, for one, will not allow your comments and personal remarks against Dave to go unchallenged, in case other customers get the wrong idea.

By all means highlight PN's bad points, but dont launch an unwarranted attack against one of the most helpful and respected members of the Comms team.
N/A

I would agree, it is not CS's fault, they are only doing what they are told
N/A

Well you are all entitled to your own opinions, dave has not done anything for me and he has said a lot that is not correct

Now if you believe him that is up to you, he cant fool me with the crap he tells his other customers.

But then they are all the same at plusnet
N/A

beechpark.

People helping others does actualy come to the point of wanting to be helped.

There are many people on the boards right now, complaining they are not receiving help, then quite simply ignoring the help provided, be it from PlusNet or other customers.

Just because you don't like the answer, it doesn't make it any less helpful, nor does it make it incorrect.
N/A

beechpark.

Just because you don't like the answer, it doesn't make it any less helpful, nor does it make it incorrect.

It has got nothing to do with if I like the answers or not, it is to do with the truth and some of the answers he gives i know are wrong because i know some of the right answers myself and so do some other customers.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this.
Metalguru
Grafter

beechpark

I agree with lots of what you say.

However here's my best guess on whats going on :-

Unfortunately we (the complainers) are unable to engage with the right audiance. Dave T / Ben B and Co are unable to change things. They just have to try and make the best out of all the ill thought out stuff (T&C's) coming down on them from above. In trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, they often find themselves in a right muddle.

I'd luv to be a fly on the wall.
N/A

In which case, would you care to post the questions and answers you feel are incorrect.

I am sure those involved would be willing to agree and appologise.

I do hope you reply with something, as I would be willing to eat my own words if you do.
N/A

acarr they was on other peopels topics, Icant remember all, one was about something to do with a problem on there line.

He was being fobbed of by plusnet saying it was his equipment and that he had to contact BT himself , he said done all checks, I said that it is your ISP responsibility to contact BT whole sale.

Then dave came on and said he needed to contact BT bt retail, which was wrong and even the the poster new what dave said was wrong.

Acarr this is not word for word but dont know where the old topic was ok.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I think what you'll find is that what I said was if there was noise on the phone line, i.e. there was a PSTN voice fault then this needed to be raised with BT Retail first before the ADSL fault can be raised with BT Wholesale by ourselves.
N/A

I am not going to get into an argument but the poster said as well that BT retail was no good, and I know that because I contacted bt retail once as well and they said it is the job of your ISP to contact BT wholesale, that was with plusnet as well
N/A

As per Daves statement, if it is a voice related fault, then you contact BT Retail.

The key word being voice. You do not need to concern them with ADSL, as they will simply say you need to contact your ISP.

It's a case of BT Retail hearing the word ADSL, and noticing that your own not with them as an ISP. They automaticly say they can't help you.

Line noise is a result of dodgey filters, wiring and phoen equipment on yoru own side. Once you rule these out, it can only be a an exchange side problem.

So you need to raise a fault with BT regarding that.

PlusNet do not control the voice aspect of your line, thus, can't help with line noise.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

If it's an ADSL fault then yes we contact BT Wholesale, but if you have a voice problem then this can have a knock on effect to the broadband and the responsibility for fixing voice faults is BT Retail.

Plus if you do have a voice fault BT Wholesale won't investigate it, there's a question in the fault raising process which asks if the voice is OK, if you say no then BT Wholesale will immediately reject the fault and say to refer the customer to BT Retail.

If BT Retail come back and say no fault found then at that point we can continue raising the ADSL fault.
Community Veteran

It's stupid really with BT BTw won't investigate if there is a voice problem, the end user has to ring BTr yet BTr won't investigate if they hear the word ADSL why can't they have a proceedure that takes reality into account, obviously if the customer rings BTr about a ADSL fault then it is the ISP they need to talk to but if they ring and say I'm with plusnet for my ADSL and am having problems on the voice part of my line that has had a knock on effect then why can't BTr fix the voice then refer back to PN to raise if needed with BTw. I suppose that is to much common sense for BT. :roll:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Part of the reason for it being this way is that BT Wholesale don't have the responsibility for fixing voice faults and BT Retail don't have responsibility for ADSL.

If you have a voice fault on the line then this could easily be the cause of the ADSL fault, but because BT Wholesale can't deal with the voice side it needs to go to Retail.

If Retail come back with no fault found or they fix the voice but it doesn't fix the ADSL then it needs to go to Wholesale.