cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscalli LLU - what a joke

N/A

I thought PlusNet had a clause in there contract stating they could...

They probably have more clause's in their T&C to cover all events...

Unfortunately it boils down to covering their own backsides and not geared to helping the customer: very odd. Sad
shellsong
Grafter

I thought PlusNet had a clause in there contract stating they could use any broadband provider, so don't necessarily even need to inform you that they are moving your account from ADSL/MaxDSL to an LLU provider.

Sure they can legally use any broadband supplier but if anything they do is to the financial or service detriment of the customer they are on very dodgy ground legally because they are not allowed to employ any T&Cs that seek to undermine the Sale of Goods Act or related laws
N/A

It would be nice to hear of someone on here being moved to LLU (without them opting out) and having a similar or better connection than they did before. ...

A late reply to this.

I was LLU'd (without warning) ten days ago. Previously I'd been on a 1Mb BT connection.

First 3 days on LLU I had no BB connection at all and had to resort to 56k dial-up just to figure out what was happening (Plusnet couldn't even tell me that I was on LLU -they said I was still with BT).

After all that, my connection suddenly increased to between 2.5Mb-5Mb,with reasonable stability (two or three drop outs a day).

If things stay like this I'll be happy enough with the increased speed (in spite of the appalling way it was introduced without prior notification).

I hope that Plusnet *do* recover from the events of the last month or so (it's surely been the worst period in Plusnet's history).

After all - where else can we go once we've been LLU'd?
N/A

OMG Plusnet CS REPS do not know how to READ. They have asked me lots of questions about raising a fault, which has absolutely nothing to do with my query about returning to BT MaxDSL.
N/A

Would it be quicker to cancel my broadband (how long would it take?) or
continue to persue plusnet over a migration back to BT MaxDSL? The ISP that
I am changing to does not accept LLU MAC codes.

I would like to leave ASAP due to the way the whole LLU mess has been
handled.
N/A

I had the same problem when i got moved a few months back, but I had no notification whatsoever and was left with out a connection for a whole week. It was only a few days after being disconnected i was told i was being moved to LLU :roll:
monty
Grafter

Technically not. It's going to cost us £47, but given that we transferred you after your opting out, this is clearly our fault and we will pay for the transfer.

Please could you look into why I was moved to llu when I opted out, I am getting constant disconnection and have had a ticket open for over 24 hours.

Regards
Ian
N/A

I have posted a ticket to cancel my broadband and it hasn't been answered for 36 hours...

It's a shame I have to leave like this, with downtime because of Tiscalli.
N/A

If PN can transfer you back when they upgrade you after opting out, they should also allow people to transfer back that never knew there was an opt-out until it was too late, like myself.

We shouldn't have to go through all the forums like an eagle to see what else PN are trying to hide away from us - something as important as a change in broadband provider should have been emailed to all people months in advance of any transfers.
N/A

Now this is quite humorous to say the least.

Dear Mr xxxx,
Regards,
link:CUAremoved

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

After waiting 4 days for them to action my cancellation, they send me a blank update to my ticket.

[Moderator's note byTom (tomspcs) : Please dont post the names of CS Agents in the public forum. Thank you.]
N/A

Glad to see that I am not the only one unhappy with the PlusNet service since it was moved over to Tiscalli. I have been with PlusNet for over 4 years and if thing do not change soon will be looking for another service provider. I find that at the crucial point normally when making a purchase on line or filling in a form sync is lost, and then have to go through the whole process again after rebooting my router. The present service in no longer FIT FOR PURPOSE especially when one is paying £22-99 per month.
Yet another problem is trying to contact PlusNet Tech Support! Use the Help Line phone number and get recorded messages that lead you to eventually being cut off or connecting you to Sales who tell you they cannot help. Try to tell Tech Support on line that you have a problem! Well last time the only way I could find to do this was to report the fault via the E-mail Spam Help section. What happened to the good old portal support were a contact to Tech Support was easily found.

All in all PlusNet appears to be going down the tubes and I can see that if they do not get there act together soon that a lot of customers will be moving to new providers.
N/A

I agree that the present Tiscali LLU service is not fit for purpose.

My faults been out with Plusnet and Tiscali over two months and they still cant fix it.

I too was not given the option to opt out and was just transferred to Tiscali and have suffered constant disconnections ever since.

Plusnet Support do update the open question once a week though, normally on a Saturday or a Sunday. they must all be on overtime!
N/A

This is the email sent to me on Jan 22nd telling me about LLU. I cannot see any option to opt out (please note, the second half of the email referred to new network management systems - so I've not posted that). The lack of opt-out information, does this mean PlusNet will put me back onto BT on request and without charge?

This is a service announcement from PlusNet. Please read on to find information
about faster speeds and product changes. There is also an update on how we
manage our network to ensure that you receive a quality broadband experience.

Faster speeds
-------------
2006 is the year when high-speed broadband will become a reality. BT will be
upgrading their network to enable all telephone exchanges to support speeds up
to 8Mb – this work is scheduled to begin this coming April. As soon as these
speeds become available on your line, we’ll be giving you access to them.

We’re also working with alternative network operators, including those who have
their own equipment in local telephone exchanges (this is known as Local Loop
Unbundling or LLU). We will increasingly be using alternative network providers
to deliver higher speeds for our customers in the coming months.

How does this affect me?
------------------------
You will get a free upgrade to faster speeds, if your line will support them. We
will be updating all our broadband products to reflect the faster speeds, with
some customers also seeing price reductions – find out more at
http://www.plus.net/go.html/product_update/sY7BuQyB9eAM

If you’re already paying for an up to 4Mb or an up to 8Mb product and we find
that you cannot get these speeds, you will get a refund of any extra money that
you have paid, providing you have not taken advantage of the higher levels of
usage available on these products. We’ll contact you in the coming weeks with
more details about this if it applies to you.
N/A

Good news - my plusnet has been cancelled :lol:

I should be out of here on the 6th if it goes to plan. I'll be sure to say goodbye when the time comes Wink

Plusnet have failed to adhere to my requests as a customer and i'm just forced to leave. They are not the same company I joined 4 years ago that is for sure!

To make matters worse i've had websites simply not load randomly (I believe my internet loses connection but without losing sync.. been discussed here on the forum).

I'm not waiting around for them to fix it.
N/A

People are voting with their feet. Please move us people who are suffering on LLU back to BT. This morning my ticket was updated advising that they have lowered my speeds to provide more stability. So now I am on a slower connection, that still doesn't work! But when it does the pings make gaming unviable. Really frustrated, due to deferred payments would cost me about £100.00 to leave, all I ask is to put back the way things were, as I was happy with the service until LLU. Even if I could leave I find there is noone to move to, they really have me by the short and curlies. Disgusted.