cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscalli LLU - what a joke

N/A

I've done that now too. Still no answer after 51 hours - they are really going out of there way to support people they forced onto Tiscalli aren't they? :roll:
N/A

My connection lasted for 30 minutes tonight but last week I couldn't even get a connection for several days. This caused me to miss an OU online exam on the Sunday. I would have gone to a nice reliable internet cafe if there were actually any around here. But then again why should I have to pay more when I am already paying Plusnet for this service?
N/A

First of all, if you are offended easily then please do not read.

Plusnet are quite possibly the most pathetic piece of crap broadband service in this history of broadband.

Not only did they transfer me to Tiscalli at my inconvenience, but they also left me without a connection for 5 days. Right now I am so angry because they just updated my ticket with this information:

Dear Mr x,

At present your connection profile is set to the lowest current available SNR level. However, we should be receiving further options for allowing us to change the Data Rate, SNR, Interleaving levels in the coming weeks.

So not only have they inconvenienced me with a lack of service but they have changed my connection from a stable 7mb without interleaving to a 4.5mb connection with interleaving.

Now they are saying they cannot sort this situation out for several weeks.

They have launched this platform without due consideration of the customers without providing a level of service equal to that of BT.

Now I have not been a supporter of BT in the past, but at least they are not as incompetent as tiscalli.

I am a hardcore PC and 360 gamer, often hosting games on the 360. So I do not appreciate the extra response time given with interleaving enabled.

I have been a customer for 4 years and I knew the writing was on the wall to leave several times.

I am now going to request my MAC code. But the question is can I transfer to another ISP with a LLU MAC code?

Or should I ask politely to the idiotic gentlemen at plusnet to change me back to BT first?
N/A

Wow no response for a MAC code so far and I'm currently experiencing extrememly slow browsing speeds (like that of 56k!).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I am now going to request my MAC code. But the question is can I transfer to another ISP with a LLU MAC code?

Only it seems with the very few ISP's which will accept an LLU MAC. I've no idea who would, would be interesting to know - I guess Tiscali retail might be one Sad I've read elsewhere on the forums it is only a few.

Irony is, after reading this and many other threads, it seems having an internet connection with PlusNet LLU is as much in trial as the LLU MAC system is. In fact I guess that might even be more advanced.
N/A

Only it seems with the very few ISP's which will accept an LLU MAC. I've no idea who would, would be interesting to know - I guess Tiscali retail might be one. I've read elsewhere on the forums it is only a few.

I've been thinking about the same sort of thing (a bit slow on the uptake) and it seems to me to be a bit daft to be part (by default it must be said) of a 'trial' which severely restricts your migration options.

I'm not actually thinking of ditching PN at the moment (for me it ain't broke, so why fix it) - but if I got LLU'd, I'd be more-or-less stuck with a limited choice of ISP and that would hack me off a tad.

As for the prospect of Tiscali .. well ....

That's why I opted out of LLU (well, I think I did - never actually got a confirmation to that effect)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Might be worth getting confirmation, especially when I heard PlusNet were still migrating people who had opted out previously.

This is the ticket response I got when I opted out. I double checked I did actually get a confirmation and have made a note of the ticket number, just in case!

[Support Wizard Journey]
[LLU Opt Out]
[Additional Information]
Username: hunthome

Hi,

I am submtting this ticket to confirm I wish to opt out of the LLU service.

Many Thanks,

Alex Hunt

BOT - DSL Logged Faults 11:26am, Sunday 23rd April 2006
Dear Mr Hunt,
Hi,

Consider this acknowledgement that you have raised a ticket because you have chosen to opt out of a move to an LLU network supplier.

You will now be removed from any potential transfer to this network and will remain a BT wholesale customer.

We would like to make you aware of some of the benefits of moving to an LLU network:

- Higher upload speeds for residential customers
- Increased performance at peak times
- Potential for higher speeds much sooner than expected with other suppliers
- Lower prices in the future for LLU customers

Please be aware that should you wish to transfer to LLU at a later time there will be costs associated with this.

Regards,
N/A

They have updated my ticket (asking for a MAC) with this information:

I have called the EU but got no reply - Please process the request.

I have no idea what a EU is. If it is referring to me, then I did receive 2-3 witheld calls from someone, and they never answered when I spoke.

I also receive at least 1 - 3 calls each day from an international number and they never speak either. Been happing for years. :shock:

Perhaps Plusnet would inform us who does accept LLU MAC codes exactly...?
Community Veteran

EU = End User = You! Cheesy
N/A

Perhaps it has a different meaning internally to plusnet CS Cheesy
N/A

They have just replied to my ticket:

unfortunately we may not be able to provide a MAC key.

Quite frankly I feel like driving to sheffield and going on a mad killing spree. Cheesy

They have said they could cancel my service if requested. So let me think about this - they transfer me to LLU without my consent, provide a sub-standard service(low sync, low throughput, and interleaving enabled) and now I would have to pay an activation charge to BT?

Where is justice in that?
shellsong
Grafter

unfortunately we may not be able to provide a MAC key.

Of course they can provide a MAC key!-- All they have to do is a cease and reprovide to the BT product at their own expense and then issue a MAC key!

Maybe the cost to them will sharpen their minds and make them ensure they have permission next time they carry out changes to customers accounts!!!!
N/A

Maybe the cost to them will sharpen their minds and make them ensure they have permission next time they carry out changes to customers accounts!!!!

I thought PlusNet had a clause in there contract stating they could use any broadband provider, so don't necessarily even need to inform you that they are moving your account from ADSL/MaxDSL to an LLU provider.
N/A

I have now asked to be transferred to BT MaxDSL. The LLU mac code is pretty useless, as a) do not know who accepts them (and plusnet wont tell me) b) probably wouldn't goto a ISP that I would like to be transferred to.

If I am transferred back to BT, I hope it doesn't affect my contract in anyway, seeing as they have to pay £47 to BT. Because I may just leave to better pastures (which will probably be worse or the same) Cheesy
N/A

Plusnet are STILL not adhering to their word regarding email notification.

You were to receive one when your exchange was enabled for LLU.
AND another BEFORE your line was subject to the move.
The second was supposed to be in time to opt out.(they have recently admitted that this does not come in time to opt out.)

Both emails were supposed to inform you of the opt out.
Plusnet are continuing to ignore their promises to customers.

Were there instructions for set up in the emails sent to you?

worked for me a few months back.
I never went for dslmax though...and when the email came through about going to Tiscali LLU, I opted out.
Soo glad I did, from partially reading through this thread..