cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscalli LLU - what a joke

N/A

On tuesday I received a notification from plusnet that I would be moving to Tiscalli LLU the following day (with a whole 5 hours and 10 minutes warning).

Since then I've had no connection (3 days so far), and quite frankly experienced absolutely woeful customer service from plusnet.

They have moved me from a stable 7mb connection with BT to a 5mb connection with Tiscalli. The router appears to sync, but it is not logging in.

Now the same happens for my parents, who have also been moved to Tiscalli LLU on the same day.

I reported this fault the next day (after phoning 4 times I finally got through). The CS rep was an arrogant so and so, and proved to be as useful as a piece of string for broadband.

When I phoned the next day they didn't seem to be aware that I had reported the fault the previous day. The CS rep provided me with a test login and that failed.

Now they are saying the "fault checking process" could take 5 days. I find this to be an absolute joke, I never asked for LLU, and I certainly never asked for at least 5 days down time.

Now the interesting thing is the CS rep said they didn't supply a reliable service so they couldn't offer me any compensation Tongue

Surely they should refund the days without a service seeing as it is entirely there fault (well there network providers).

I've since had to borrow this 56k modem to see what is going on, as plusnet still have not updated me. These modems drivers cause a BSOD which isn't helpful on reading the forum!

I need my connection to look for jobs as I have just finished my masters degree. I also need to keep in contact with my university lecturers. I had also planned a xbox live day with some mates, but all we could do is play on my xbox Tongue
64 REPLIES
Highlighted
N/A

Looking around the forum, even when an entire months downtime is noticed, they still take there monthly fee and refuse to credit it, so I wouldn't hold much luck if you've only had a few days downtime.

Also, I think the official lines goes something like "Residential accounts come with no guaranteed level of service". In other words, if you have no connection, they'll get round to you when they can be bothered. But, if you have a business account, you'll be treated as priority.
N/A

Have you double checked your modem settings? What worked on BT probably won't on Tiscali. Specifically.. make sure you are set to PPPoA and VC multiplexing (This seems to sort most peoples suffering out)
Community Veteran

Have you checked your modem / router settings? Although the e-mails from PN claim there is no need to change any settings sometimes this is not true. For example when I was switched my router was set to LLC based mux not VC based as such I was synching but not able to login once the setting was corrected I got on first time...
N/A

Hi Carnell!

They have moved me from a stable 7mb connection with BT to a 5mb connection with Tiscalli.

Sorry to sound a bit thick here but do you mean you were BT Max'd already and PN have decided to move you to Tiscali LLU?

Can someone explain the sense in that please? Wouldn't it be better to move someone not on a Max product first? I thought as I had been BT max'd I was safe from being moved to Tiscali LLU and so I hadn't bothered to opt-out!

Now i'm worried! :?

Cheers,

Lee
N/A

Plusnet are STILL not adhering to their word regarding email notification.

You were to receive one when your exchange was enabled for LLU.
AND another BEFORE your line was subject to the move.
The second was supposed to be in time to opt out.(they have recently admitted that this does not come in time to opt out.)

Both emails were supposed to inform you of the opt out.
Plusnet are continuing to ignore their promises to customers.

Were there instructions for set up in the emails sent to you?
N/A

Sorry to sound a bit thick here but do you mean you were BT Max'd already and PN have decided to move you to Tiscali LLU?

Can someone explain the sense in that please?

I'm beginning to wonder if it's for financial reasons...
N/A

I was on DSLMax @ 6.7 meg...
Now on LLU @ 5.1 meg

No emails received to say I was being moved
No options to opt-out

"2 hour" plusnet fault checks took nearly 24
Eventually fixed it myself (Had to channge modem settings to G.dmt in order to sync)
Community Veteran

the reason for the slower speeds is due to the different "profile" tiscali wholesale set up, their profile sets your SNR to 12db for stability rather than 6db which I think is what BTw set their default profiles to (its what my router always connects to!) It is possible to raise a ticket asking for your SNR on the tiscali profile to be lowered to 6db

The address for opting out of LLU is http://trials.plus.net but as your already on LLU its going to be very difficult to get off it!
N/A

Have you double checked your modem settings? What worked on BT probably won't on Tiscali. Specifically.. make sure you are set to PPPoA and VC multiplexing (This seems to sort most peoples suffering out)

That is about what the plusnet CS rep had me check, and they were correct settings. I have a Netgear DG834 if that helps, with V3.01.29 firmware. My parents have a BT Voyager 105 USB and they are unable to connect too.

My settings are PPPoA and VC-based multi-plexing. 0 VPI, 38 VCI. The router log says:

Sun, 2002-09-08 14:38:56 - Initialize LCP.
Sun, 2002-09-08 14:38:56 - LCP is allowed to come up.

Normally after that it would say CHAP authentication sucessful or whatever. It does not login or retrieve an IP/DNS etc.

The only reason I didn't opt-out was due to the promise of higher upload of 800k. I am only seeing 550k so far. I was on BT MaxDSL before, on a fast profile. Now I am on a interleaving profile.

So so far tiscalli:

haven't given me the same level of speed seen on BT MaxDSL (notably due to the noise difference)
have enabled interleaving when I wished not to have it (I am a gamer)
not provided any service!

Like I said I didn't get any e-mail about opting out, I only received an e-mail 5 hours and 10 minutes before the switch over!
N/A

oh - and check that your username programmed into your router ends in @plusdsl.net (incase you were on a realm from many moons ago).
N/A

It ends in @plusdsl.net. They made that mistake with my 1mb or 2mb upgrade, moved me from plus.net to plusdsl.net. This was not a problem, however they didn't inform me first!

There telephone support was at least a lot easier to get hold of then.
AndyMan
Grafter

Dont know what exchange you are on but I have exactly the same problem , same dates , same lack of warning etc ... I am on the Cannock exchange ... Have been told there is a major issue with the exchange and PN are liasing with their supplier ... total bllx imo ..was ok with BT so why not swich back until they sort out the problems.
amjrobson
Grafter

I had the same problem I had to manually set the line type from multimode to G.dmt then it worked, the problem was the router was trying to connect using another line type.
N/A

LLU

WEll i was LLU'd no email i had opted out back in may and again friday,ticket raised to try to stop order.

Spoke to BT options to ask them to hold order.This stinks.

here are my line stats

Old stats MAXDSL perfect stats
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 30 db 8.5 db
Noise Margin 9 db 26 db

New stats MaxDSL since line pair swap.

Connection Speed 7296 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 39 db 11.5 db
Noise Margin 4 db 24 db

New stats since LLU (against my wishes with no email being sent to me)

Connection Speed 4782 kbps 747 kbps
Line Attenuation 45 db 13 db
Noise Margin 12 db 12 db

This is beyond a phreaking joke now.