Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali speeds - PAYG & Premier customers only

James
Grafter

Hi Guys,

We've heard back from Tiscali and they are suggesting that the problems that they saw with NTL hardware appear to have been stable. If you are on PAYG or Premier and are still seeing problems, can you let me know what extent your peak time speeds are suffering to, which product you are on and also which exchange you are connected to?
20 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Judging by the deafening silence, should I assume that speed problems on Tiscali all fixed then? Wink
dannykos
Grafter

HAHAHAHA!!!! Cheesy

i'll let you know how slow mine is when i get back home - was a staggering 600k last night at 10pm

on PAYG at East Grinstead
dannykos
Grafter

well massive improvement to: 752.60kbps this evening!
N/A

120kbps - Plus, Harrow exchange :(

I'm on Premier, Harrow exchange, no problems.

However a fellow customer on same exchange but on Plus, currently experiencing 120kbps. Sad
James
Grafter

We're well aware of issues on bb+ but as per the thread title, this isn't about Plus.
N/A

I'm on PAYG with LLU and was having terrible problems last week. It's be fine for the last 2 evenings; so it might well be fixed.

James.
N/A

We're well aware of issues on bb+ but as per the thread title, this isn't about Plus.

Not sure if there was a hint of sarcasm there, but we may be aware, but plenty of us customers are obviously not! Having been a PlusNet customer for a number of years I deduced there was a higher statistical probability Plus had simply been omitted, either by accident or for some strategic reason. :?

This is the first the effected customer or I have heard of this problem. I didn't see anything regarding this issue on the status page, I imagine it must have been pushed down due to the sheer volume of other issues... :roll:

I guess a constructive reply would have been too much to expect, e.g. maybe summarising the problem, including a link to the other service announcement, thread etc. Surely customer's shouldn't be expected to scroll through pages and pages in the forums. Saying that, I just found this post buried half way down the busy Service Status Feeds forum. Sad
N/A

I too have been experiencing max speeds of 120 kbps(BB+ customer) during peak times. I am at the Harrow exchange . Interestingly at my friends house who switched to plusnet on my advise is also getting 0.1mg down and 0.1mg up... shes in Isleworth.

On the issue of referrals and winning the R32 I wouldn’t bother. I recommended a friend who signed up with plusnet. After I and he both emailed customer service to confirm that I was the person who recommended him and referred him. They that once he clicked on a ‘token’ it could not be changed and they couldn’t change it because it would start a ‘three way conversation’. Technology .. don’t you just love it, or is that just bad customer service and management .

I wont be going out my way to refer anyone else . CEO will get the R32 cos there all his tokens right …lol
kreynolds
Grafter

Judging by the deafening silence, should I assume that speed problems on Tiscali all fixed then? Wink

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry just back from having major eye surgery Cheesy

Here we go Premier Option 2 LLU

08:46 11/02/07

Your current bandwidth reading is:

6.62 Mbps

which means you can download at 847.45 KB/sec. from our servers.
Please retain the following information if you wish to contact Customer Services
Your reference number is 6779-6935591

18:08 11/02/07

88.50kbps

which means you can download at 11.06 KB/sec. from our servers.
Please retain the following information if you wish to contact Customer Services
Your reference number is 88-6946749

18:27 11/02/07

83.70kbps

which means you can download at 10.46 KB/sec. from our servers.
Your reference number is 83-6947237

08:16 12/02/07

6.71 Mbps

which means you can download at 859.49 KB/sec. from our servers.
Your reference number is 6875-6957658

I would say that the problem is far from resolved James
N/A

LLU Customer, Had awful peak time speeds for about 3 weeks.

Peak time speed reading from last night:

Off peak as of this morning:

Speeds have been below 400 Kbps every night on peak times for 3 weeks, nothing has changed, and still dont receive speeds more than 1.4Mbps off-peak eventhough my line is capable of up to 2.5Mbps
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What's your peak time usage (this month/typical)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I've pointed out all weekend that my speeds are atrocious at peak times. I shouldnt need to say it all again and again.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What is your typical usage, more or less than 13GB per month?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

27 Oct - 26 Nov peak - 13.73GB off peak - 61.2GB 74.93GB
27 Nov - 26 Dec peak - 6.05GB off peak - 26.59GB 32.64GB
27 Dec - 26 Jan peak - 11.46GB off peak - 51.01GB 62.47GB

I'd say my peak usage has been up and down but I tend to not do much at all during peak hours. My only downfall is buying music in the evenings as its the only time I have to browse and buy music online. But I have always tried to not use peak time to download anything. When I hit 11gb/13gb I expect a light restriction as Plus.Net say but not to be ttoally annihilated to 5k modem speeds.

My peak usage this month is...

Peak usage: 2.99GB Off-peak usage: 29.73GB

So there should be no restrictions on my line as far as traffic shaping is concerned.

It's just a terrible service.