cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali in Computing

N/A

Tiscali in Computing

On the back page of Computing there is a "funny" stories page. As it takes ages for it to arrive on my desk I only got the latest issue today.

Anyway theres an interesting one from someone who was setting up Tiscali Broadband for her partner. She was having problems so phoned their technical support, although very nice they couldn't sort her problem out so gave her another telephone number to dial. When she did it was a technical support line for a different ISP!

Is this the same Tiscali that Plusnet have jumped in to bed with?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Tiscali in Computing

When she did it was a technical support line for a different ISP!

So that's why the wait times are awful on the phones. Tiscali get PN to do CS and in return they muck up 20k connections Tongue
N/A

Tiscali in Computing

Technically if you're being picky, no it isn't.

Tiscali (the ISP) and Tiscli Wholesale are two seperate entities such as BT Broadband (the ISP) and BT Wholesale.
Community Veteran

Tiscali in Computing

Tiscali (the ISP) and Tiscli Wholesale are two seperate entities such as BT Broadband (the ISP) and BT Wholesale.

I'm not sure if that is the case tbh I thought they were more two seperate departments as opposed to seperate companies? But whatever we were promised that Tiscali Wholesale were a completely seperate kettle of fish to retail...

[Moderator's note by James (sallyandjames): Fixed Quote tags. Wink ]
csogilvie
Grafter

Tiscali in Computing

I seem to recall reading something similar occuring with Metronet and James, but I can't remember the exact details. IIRC it was something like the fact that someone from another ISP googled for a router and got the Metronet page so told their client to phone another ISP and ask for help.