cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali at it again

N/A

Tiscali at it again

I seem to remember them doing the same thing last year, but to quote from the Register.co.uk
"Said Tiscali UK's internet boss, Steve Horley: "A year ago, we launched broadband for the price of dial up at £15.99 and had phenomenal success. A year later we are still the only service provider offering broadband nation-wide at this price." "

Maybe I've got it wrong, but I though that Plus.net actually offered 1MB broadband for £1 cheaper per month? Maybe someone ought to tell the Register and Tiscali this?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Tiscali at it again

Unfortunatly, many ISPs classify other ISPs differently.

What Tiscali mean, is they are the only ISP in the crap catagory offering this.

Cheap snipe aside, it's actualy true.

The likes of BT Retail and Tiscali, don't include PlusNet and other smallers SP's in there stats, as they are "not on par" with them.

When it comes to it, the ISPs like PlusNet that they catagorise seperatly, normaly offer lower or same priced service, with a much better CS and service quality.

AKA, they base an ISP on there customer base size, than the competition value.
N/A

Tiscali at it again

Still, it could be an opportunity for good publicity for Plusnet if it pointed out the true facts to The Register?
N/A

Tiscali at it again

It has been done in the past.

Not shockingly, people where not bothered because they already know the truth.
N/A

Tiscali at it again

I suggest you try Advertising Standards - http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/

Andrew.
N/A

Tiscali at it again

Hang on...

PlusNet cost £30 per month for (nearly) unlimited 1Mb connection

Tiscali cost £25 per month for an unlimited 1Mb connection.

I phoned them up and asked if I could download 500GB per month with the package, "yes sir, its unlimited" was the answer.
N/A

Tiscali at it again

But if you read the original post, it is concerning both companies' entry level products:
Said Tiscali UK's internet boss, Steve Horley: "A year ago, we launched broadband for the price of dial up at £15.99 and had phenomenal success. A year later we are still the only service provider offering broadband nation-wide at this price.

This is simply not true - PlusNet are, last time I checked, a service provider who offer broadband nation-wide at £14.99/month. That's cheaper than Tiscali's £15.99.
N/A

Tiscali at it again

The main difference between PlusNet's and Tiscali's version of unlimited, is that Tiscali are way too trigger happy in invoking their fair use clause.
N/A

Tiscali at it again

I think "unlimited" is a very dangerous word to use these days, especially where broadband connections are concerned.
N/A

Tiscali at it again

well my most intelligent answer can only be stuff that, I know where my money is staying, not heard too many good things about tiscali, and remember, cheap aint always good!! I would rather pay more and get a decent service than go cheap and suffer!
N/A

Tiscali at it again

I would rather use dial up than tiscali broadband lol