cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali LLU speed problems

kreynolds
Grafter

Mmmmm, interesting.....Either Tiscali have actually done something or there is a good side effect from the new segments of the BT central ebbing down but I am seeing the fastest peak time download speeds for over a month.

Speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

Last Result:
Download Speed: 6923 kbps (865.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 374 kbps (46.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

speedtest.ispconnect.co.uk

Your current bandwidth reading is:

6.59 Mbps

which means you can download at 843.95 KB/sec. from our servers.

I know James mentioned here that an update was expected, but non can be found in service status or on my ticket 21130627.
Does this mean that Tiscali have fixed their problem or is this just a one off?

As an aside will others like me who have been affected by poor speed on their premier accounts get a refund as are those who are on BB+ ?
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The investigation work on Tiscali's side is continuing so it's possible that they have found the cause and resolved it for you and hopefully others that have been seeing this problem. The last update we had on Friday evening didn't provide any fix details but they had collated a massive amount of diagnostic information which was being analysed.

The refund scheme is only for Broadband Plus customers, but I can ask about this.
kreynolds
Grafter

Won't shout for joy just yet as one swallow doesn't make a summer. I will say a thank you to you, the comms team and the fault guys for all the effort that has been put into this problem so far.

From some of the responses on my ticket it would appear that this has been just as frustrating for you guys as it has been for me.

Hate to think much hay is now floating around the office, just don't lose the needle again :lol:
dannykos
Grafter

not sorted for me yet - had one rogue speedtest of 2200 - but back to the usual sub 700 for me.