Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing leaving

N/A

Timing leaving

From this message and the reply to it,
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55545
it seems that the best time to put in a request for a MAC code is a couple of weeks before the end of the contract (so that the deferred fees are not charged when the MAC code is used). Can someone confirm that PN are no longer charging a whole month's subscription for the part of the month that I would be with PN after the end of the contract?
Thanks
Douglas
2 REPLIES
gswindale
Grafter

Timing leaving

AFAIK you still have to pay the notice period. Thus it is best to get your MAC if you really want to go elsewhere the day before your billing date and then arrange for the migration to take place at the other end of the billing period - thus minimising any costs.
N/A

Timing leaving

Thanks for the reply; I thought that I had read that PN had at least got their billing right so that they did not charge for a whole month if one left half way through one's billing month. So I wanted to give notice about two weeks before my billing date and leave about two weeks after it, making a whole month's notice and allowing them a clear two weeks to come up with a MAC code (or even the full month if they needed it).
Douglas