cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to leave???

whittall1

Time to leave???

Hi, just a couple of questions:-

I am currently on the old legacy product Premier Option 1, if I change to the new BBYW option 3 will I get better speeds or will I be "downgrading". I've tried to find the answer on Plusnets site but there does'nt seem to be a comparison between old and new products, (well if there is it's well hidden)

I've noticed a definite drop in download speed at any time of the day. I own an XBox 360 and downloads used to be amazingly fast on it, not any more !
Also p2p ( i'm not a heavy user by any means ) awfull speeds compared to a few months ago.
Video streaming from various sites seems to be slower.

I am geographically 300m from my exchange and average 7mb on the various line speed tests that I have done and I also display excellent line quality so I don't think there is a line problem

Just waiting for BeThere internet to be enabled at my local exchange, 24mb unlimited? mmmm nice !!

Dave
6 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

Time to leave???

There should certainly be no downgrade in terms of service if you switch to BBYW Option 3. We are hoping to get an accurate comparison on the website very soon and apologise that this has not been made available sooner.

With regards to the slow download speeds that you have been experiencing - have you raised a fault ticket on your account so that we can get these investigated for you?
jazz
Grafter

Time to leave???

There is a very good comparison facility on Kitz' website - www.kitz.co.uk - If you click on ADSL on the top banner then click Plusnet on the bottom of the left column you can get comparison tables side by side between any BBYW and/or Legacy product that you want.
whittall1

Time to leave???

Thanks jajks, well I guess that says it all really.
Do you know of any other sites that compares more ISP's in a similar way?

Thanks again

Dave
chrisc
Grafter

Time to leave???

I don't know of any websites that compare the different packages of different providers in exactly the same way - it would be very useful though Cheesy

Hopefully the comparison tables highlight the advantages of BBYW Option 3 over Premier.
whittall1

Time to leave???

Just answered my own question, go to the "choosing an ISP" section on www.kitz.co.uk.
Very good informative chart
chrisc
Grafter

Time to leave???

You learn something new every day Wink

Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to retain your custom or any problems that we can fix for you.