cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to give up for imap?

N/A

After some communication via the "contact us" portal I still have no reply as to why my mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird" cannot retrieve mail via the imap server.

I have hardly anything stored on there and I can only access my mail (imap) via their web portal Sad

POP works perfectly via Thunderbird.
Anyone else had the same problem? I dare say it would be OK with Outlook but I have got used to Thunderbird and the fact it is more secure than Outlook Cry
6 REPLIES
lunchbug
Dabbler

For what it's worth, I use Thunderbird IMAP from imap.plus.net with no known problems. Have been for 6+ months, only occasional problems that I'm aware of.

Are you trying to access an aliased mailbox (i.e. <username>+<aliasname>) with your plusnet <username>?

Dave
N/A

Dave,

It won't work from my default mailbox or username+anything you like Sad

Just keep getting "logon failed"
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've been using imap via Thunderbird for some time now, both on windows and on slackware, without any problems.

Are you using the correct server address (imap.plus.net) and no encrypted settings?
N/A

I'm getting the same problem about 50% of the time - using Outlook and upping the timeout period to 4 mins. This has been the case for about the last 2 weeks or so....
N/A

I've been using imap via Thunderbird for some time now, both on windows and on slackware, without any problems.

Are you using the correct server address (imap.plus.net) and no encrypted settings?

Ben,

It is definately a Thunderbird issue as I tried it with Outlook today and it worked perfectly Cheesy

Server address is correct and no encrypted settings are enabled Cry
csogilvie
Grafter

What settings do you have? It works fine for me on Windows and Ubuntu here

One option would be to post a screenshot of your settings and we'll see if we can help...