cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to abandon ship

N/A

Time to abandon ship

We've now left after a terrible patch with Plusnet. We moved house and only had service for three days before Plusnet cut it off - then told us that it had never been connected. Over the two weeks that the argument raged on they completely failed to offer any form of customer support at all.

As a long-time customer I hadn't realised that the service had deteriorated quite so badly until I needed help. There was telephone support once, and even email. Now there is some first level monkey who has been in the job for five minutes on the end of a crappy webform. And you can't get the same monkey twice.

After weeks of telling Plusnet that our line was active and idle to no effect (they had the cheek to ask for the £55 connection fee despite it having been previously in use) we had enough and went to another ISP.

I won't say who, as they seem amazing and I don't want a flood of Plusnet rats leaving the sinking ship to ruin that. But they connected our ADSL from scratch, for free, in *3 days*. They have real people on the end of a phone, and they seem to value their customers. For all of you out there suffering with Plusnet - there is light at the end of the tunnel if you leave now.
1 REPLY
N/A

Re: Time to abandon ship

I won't say who, as they seem amazing and I don't want a flood of Plusnet rats leaving the sinking ship to ruin that. But they connected our ADSL from scratch, for free, in *3 days*. They have real people on the end of a phone, and they seem to value their customers. For all of you out there suffering with Plusnet - there is light at the end of the tunnel if you leave now.

There's no light at the end of the tunnel if you'r not going to spill the beans as to who this amazing isp is. Wink
Glad to hear your enjoying the real world of broadband anyway Smiley