cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Migrate in.

Isitme
Grafter

Time to Migrate in.

This is a question on behalf of my son, who has made a joining application. How long is it going to take for the migration to complete? He is worried that the MAC will expire and leave him in a fix. Although BT have now agreed to supply MACs to ex- Biscit users, it is implied that this is purely short term. Could someone have a look to see if there is a problem? His username is bekake

PS. He was told that the MAC will expire on 23.3.07, but I doubt if this is the case, as this is not 30 days after he received it. But, knowing what a shower Biscit are/were, it could be true.

Some of you think Plusnet is bad, you should experience an ISP like Biscit!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Time to Migrate in.

Sounds like someone's got it slightly mixed up to me IMO.

I expect the MAC key will still be valid for 30 days, but once it's used, then the migration process will be in full swing.
If I remember rightly it should take 7 days or so for the migration to complete.

I'm sure one of the comms guys will pick this up later.

Cheers,

Roger.
mcclim
Grafter

Time to Migrate in.

I applied to migrate and i have been given a date of 26th March, which was seven days after i applied Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Time to Migrate in.

Hi,

I have a bit of bad news and some good news.

The bad news is there was a problem with the MAC.

The good news is the problem was easily fixed and the order is in the system and should be done tomorrow morning. I've updated the ticket to let your son know.
Isitme
Grafter

Time to Migrate in.

Thanks Dave, knowing the problems with Biscit, I am not surprised. I was a bit suspicious when he received the MAC by return of post, just a couple of days before they went into administration.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Time to Migrate in.

Your sons account should now be active and the migration is complete, the problem with the MAC was just one character being wrong, which fortunately was one that was obvious what it should be.