Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for Upgrade

marble
Dabbler

Time for Upgrade

I am on Broadband Premier Option 1 2Mb paying £21.99 monthly

Every advert I see these days seems to offer speeds up to 8Mb often at much lower prices and I notice that PlusNet offers similar packages to new users

You promised free upgrades some time ago but then put the implementation on ice

I think it is about time that you did something for your loyal long term users both with regard to speed and price

I am becoming very tempted to switch to another provider including BT which now owns Plusnet and seems to offer much better deals. I imagine many other long term users are thinking along similar lines

With the new migration rules which have just come into place, it is going to be much easier to switch and I imagine a move to BT would be particularly straightforward

I have read a number self-congratulatory announcements from you during the past year or so but I don't see any of the claimed improvements doing anything for me.

Actions speak louder than words, how about some action at last?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Time for Upgrade

All you need to do is to request your upgrade using the help and support option above.
The automatic upgrades were stopped some time ago due to the high fault rate that was happening.

If you request it as above and your line can take it then it will only take a few days for it to go through. Smiley
N/A

Time for Upgrade

This was changed to opt-in only a while back rather than automatically "upgrade" people only to cause connection faults.

Can request MaxDSL at any time simply by raising a ticket.
marble
Dabbler

Time for Upgrade

Thanks for the prompt reply

This was news to me and I've gone ahead immediately and look forward to wonderful things happening in the near future
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Time for Upgrade

The change of policy to an opt in was stated in the newletter which was sent to all users in the Autumn
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)