cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Outs

N/A

Time Outs

On quite a number of websites I am ALWAYS getting timed-out when trying to access them - I've asked friends to try the URL in case the sites are down or something, but they never have any problems. Does anybody else here experience Frequent Time Out Phenomenom?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Time Outs

Can you give us an expample of one or two of these sites and how you connect to the internet, ie dial up or broadband, modem or router.
N/A

Time Outs

Connected via the seemingly dreaded BT Voyager 205 Broadband - it is specific sites which won't load up (generally, although there have been exceptions). And mostly these never load up - an example is nomadworld.com where I'd hoped to d/l a piece of software to listen to my mp3 player thru my PC.

I plan to change my Router when I spare the cash - do you think the problem is 'routed' here Cheesy I've tried forwarding the ports on my router but this does not appear to have done the trick.
N/A

Time Outs

Have you hard coded your DNS servers into your router?
Often it works much better to allow your router to automatically detect the correct one.
A few folks have found that it helps considerably to leave them set to auto. Wink
N/A

Time Outs

Hm - I replied to this earlier but it hasn't shown up - weird... anyway, I asked if you could advise me how to hard code my DNS server?

Right now I am getting Timed Out left-right-and-centre -- it took me about 4 attempts just to access this thread! It's driving me nuts
N/A

Time Outs

OK I have found out what the problem was - Peer Guardian! As soon as I disabled it, everything began to work fine!