Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets on Hold then Passing to BOT ??

amjrobson
Grafter

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just the process that Plusnet follow:

On Monday last week I requested to change my Package from PAYG to Premier Option 1. While changing the package it gave me the option to regrade to the fast possible speed which I requested yes to. Then 1 hour later the ticket on my account was updated with

"The following result was returned by BT Speed Checker for CLI number HuhHuhHuh??:
Speed: 2000
The BT product ordered is BT IPStream Max Home Self-Install."

The main order Ticket was updated with:

"Open : Your Contact Us Ticket has been placed on hold until Monday 10th April while BT perform the regrade on your line. If you have any further queries regarding this order, please raise this by creating a new ticket on your account as this issue will be unmonitored until the above date. "

All sounds good I thought the updated package will be applied to my account on the 10th and I should get a line regrade also on the 10th or before. This has not been the case. My line is still the same and my package is still the same.

The ticket has now been updated with:

"Open : We would like to inform you that your Contact Us Ticket ID [ HuhHuh?? ] has now been returned to the BOT - Regrades Due pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible. "

I have checked the BT order checker and it has never shown an order on my account. I checked this with plusnet the other day via a ticket and was told that my ticket is on hold why my line is checked and then once the ticket has been removed from on hold the regrade order will be submitted.

Is it me or does this just not make any sense. It just sounds like stalling tactics. So now I have to wait for someone in the BOT team to pick up the ticket and then request the regrade, or as stated above investigate the issueHuh

Does any one know who BOT are??

I presume it will be at least another week before the regrade is done

Is this the normal upgrade process.

If someone from plusnet would like to answer that would be great because I have been asking questions via tickets about this all week and it just sounds like you are stalling a very simple order. :twisted:
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BOT = Broadband Operations Team, they are responsible for all ADSL related orders, upgrades / downgrades and faults abd they don't work 24/7.

Also there is no such thing as 'regrade to the fastest possible spead' anymore as that was only an option when you were on 512Kbs or 1Mbs and wanted to upgrade to 1Mbs/2Mbs and since the free speed upgrades last year, everyone was already on the fastest their line will take. This is also not a quick way to get MaxDSL (regardless of what IPStream product the ticket stated) as there is now way to queue jump for MaxDSL.

All that has happened is the ticket has automatically come off hold and when a BOT team member is free, they will pick up the ticket and see what needs to be done to complete your product change but not your line speed change).

If you had chosen the other option (to remain on your current speed), the chances are the product change would have happened in a few hours via the automated product change system.
waldron
Grafter

I had exactly the same problem. I requested the upgrade on 25 March, and it was rejected by BT for the same reason and passed to BOT. After various updates to the ticket they eventually responded on 4 April "I can only apologise for the delay in actioning this, it is with our team to investigation onto this." and the upgrade was carried out on 5 April.
amjrobson
Grafter

I had exactly the same problem. I requested the upgrade on 25 March, and it was rejected by BT for the same reason and passed to BOT. After various updates to the ticket they eventually responded on 4 April "I can only apologise for the delay in actioning this, it is with our team to investigation onto this." and the upgrade was carried out on 5 April.

What speed was you regraded to a 1/2mb line or a MaxDSL Line.
waldron
Grafter

I was trying to do the same as you - I selected the option to regrade to the fastest possible speed. I was at 2Mb then and am still the same following the upgrade.
Community Veteran

As I stated above, there is no way to request a change to MaxDSL. The option should really be removed from the upgrade page as it no longer serves any purpose ther than to delay product changes by many days.
N/A

Yes, exactly the same situation on my business account. The regrade was ordered on the 3rd by PN, the Eco system responded and an order was accepted by BT on 6th and is still "processing". Meanwhile my upgrade ticket was put on hold for a week pending the BT regrade and was re-visited today by PN for investgation.

Have you ever thought of wallpaper, it's less stressfull in the drying process Wink