cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket system?

N/A

Ticket system?

No answer to my ticket ID: 19450247 after 72 hours is this to be expected? I would telephone but I cant be bothered waiting on the phone for 40 mins + :roll:
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Ticket system?

Is your issue something that the community may be able to help with?

If so post up details and I am sure someone will try.

Chilly
Mand
Grafter

Ticket system?

Hi

We do currently have a backlog in faults at the moment and ticket turnaround has increased somewhat. A few days is, unfortunately, the norm at the moment.

We are working as hard as possible to bring this down and resolve issues as soon as possible, and have assigned extra resource to the faults team until we improve the situation.
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Ticket system?

We do currently have a backlog in faults at the moment and ticket turnaround has increased somewhat. A few days is, unfortunately, the norm at the moment.

Wow, that's shot up since I submitted my ticket on Friday, when it was about two and a quarter hours. Probably all those VMBU problems Wink

I see that it says 9 hours, 6 minutes and 54 seconds right now, so not sure where a couple of days comes in. Unless, that is, the time stated is working hours. Can you clarify what it means, Mand?

Regards, Neil
James
Grafter

Ticket system?

Faults are raised by the Broadband Operations Team, which is where the backlog is currently lying.

The ticket response time you will see, will relate to all tickets and not just fault related ones.
Mand
Grafter

Ticket system?

Hi

The response time you see is across all tickets, the current backlog is primarily in faults. We have assigned extra resources to clear this down and ensure they are dealt with as swiftly as possible.
Mand
Grafter

Ticket system?

Need to type quicker Cheesy
N/A

Ticket system?

Mand,

Just out of interest when is Plusnet either planning on removing this so obviously misleading information of a resolution time or catering to provide the accurate readings depending on where the ticket has gone?

Just the way I see it atm is the more of us that know what the figure means there will always be 4 x that amount that dont know and thus come here stating the same issue time and time again.

Regards,
N/A

Ticket system?

Agree the ticket time is very misleading. I've not been able to connect since the 19th May after being upgraded to MaxDsl (writing this at work). Most recent response from PN was on Saturday. Beginning to think nothing will ever happen. Really fed up.
N/A

Ticket system?

Hi

We are working as hard as possible to bring this down and resolve issues as soon as possible, and have assigned extra resource to the faults team until we improve the situation.

Thanks,

I signed up with plusnet on the 10th May. My adsl connection is still not working correctly, nearly one month later. I couldnt possibly post the long threads with regard to the problems. I keep getting told that a BT engineer needs to come out because there is a fault on my line (Im beginning not to believe this?)

Ive now been told to do the below:

Dear Mr Howard,
I have tested your line once more as tis is required before we raise the fault with BT, and this has highlighted a possible issue that you may be able to resolve without involving BT and thereby fixing a lot faster.

The line test has shown your margin value as being 7dB.

Now with MaxDSL, the service can run with the margin as low as 4dB, but in some cases a margin value of less than 9dB could possibly cause the connection to drop.

As MaxDSL is rate adaptive this should see the drops and adjust the margin accordingly, but sometimes you need to manually force this.

So that we can try and force your line to adjust the margin to a higher value could you try restarting your modem/router repeatedly, allowing it to power up and synch with the line and connect, then power it down and repeat this.

If you could do this several times over the space of an hour and a half, this should then force the system to increase the margin.

If you could try this and advise us if this improves the situation, or if the problems continue.

What the hell is all this aboutHuhHuh I dont have a router just a modem. Can someone explain in simple tems what this is all about...please?
csogilvie
Grafter

Ticket system?

As far as I can tell you need to repeatedly cause your modem to synch and unsynch the line. If it's USB, you could try unpluging it from the PC then pluging it back in about 1min later. After it's synched, unplug it again and repeat.
N/A

Joy

Oh well ho hum that didnt work. :shock:
N/A

Ticket system?

Hi

The response time you see is across all tickets, the current backlog is primarily in faults. We have assigned extra resources to clear this down and ensure they are dealt with as swiftly as possible.

obviously not enough - why try and cover up cost cutting exercises?