cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket response times?

N/A

Ticket response times?

I had some problems with my Broadband Premier connection speeds on the 10th of August so I logged a ticket in the Help & Support section. Seven days later someone responded to the ticket & said he had "altered the line profile" on my account. Ever since then I can only connect at 4Mb instead of the 8Mb I used to get.

I updated the ticket to ask to be put back on the old line profile settings as everything else seems ok now and has done since the 12th in actual fact (other than the 4Mb thing), but the ticket has gone unanswered for three more days. How much longer should I expect to wait for this?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Ticket response times?

What I would like to know is how you managed to get an answer in 7 days.
N/A

Ticket response times?

there is no rhyme or reason to their speed of answering. I have had a ticket open for weeks/months its still ongoing and the turnaround time is an absoulte disgrace.

anyone from pn listening plz check my ticket as well, some response would be nice considering you take my money on time.
N/A

Ticket response times?

Same problem here. I can't believe there is no way of speaking to anyone.

In the process of setting up the home phone thing although I'm on the verge of changing my mind. Received notification that they wanted to take payment of my normal broadband off my DD which I had to set up for the home phone. Trying to get in touch to make sure they take the money from my CC as for the last 4 years but can't get a response.

I'm wondering whether to report this to my bank i.e. assume any payment by DD which isn't in respect of the home phone as an unauthorised payment from my account - or does this leave me exposed?

Thoughts welcome. A response from Plus.Net even more welcome.
N/A

Ticket response times?

There is not alot your bank can do to identify which one the payment is for if the same mandate is used, I do believe that PN by defualt prioritise direct debits over credit or debit cards for the obvious reason that direct debits come with a much lower administration overhead cost.

As for the issue at hand the only way I think you could stop this at the bank end is to cancel the direct debit all together but I believe that PN does actually require Direct Debit if you want the phone service so that would be your choice.

On the other token you really don't want to be paying subscription payments to anyone with a Credit or Debit card really due to a thing known as Continuous Payment Authority basically similar to a direct debit mandate except it is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to cancel it without reporting the card lost/stolen and getting a new one, this is due to the fact CC/DC payment authorities are not protected on the customers behalf by any form of guarantee, whereas with direct debit the customer is protected by the direct debit guarantee.
N/A

Ticket response times?

Thanks, some interesting points there.

I'm just very annoyed that they've changed how they're trying to bill me without actually asking first. The fact that you can't actually talk to anyone on their helpline makes me very angry especially when they say it's cheaper, easier etc to use the online help. One has to wonder whether it's cheaper because they don't man it............!

What bothers me most is that if there was a real emergency to get something fixed, it appears to be impossible because there's no way of alerting Plus.Net of that emergency.

Actually I'm surprised there isn't an option on their phone line that states "in case of an emergency, please visit the help assistant online and then we'll get back in a week and enquire as to whether it's still an emergency. If you're lucky"
N/A

Ticket response times?

whether by coincidence or not, I've just had a call from Plus.Net and all being well everything has been sorted. And as expected it was a 2 minute phonecall to do rather than the 2 day wait on the help assistant.

A lot happier now Smiley

Simeon
N/A

Ticket response times?

their customer support is abysmal and its hard to believe they can have a future with their carefree attitude to repsonse times. Perhaps thats why they wont repsonde to my request for my migration code.
Community Veteran

Ticket response times?

their customer support is abysmal and its hard to believe they can have a future with their carefree attitude to repsonse times.

PlusNet most certainly do not have a carefree attitude to support and response times quite the opposite; they are aware of the problems with support and are definately working on ways to improve the situation...
N/A

Ticket response times?

...they are aware of the problems with support and are definately working on ways to improve the situation...

That's as well as maybe Daniel but why has PlusNet customer support deteriorated since they floated on the Alternative Investment Market?

And:

How long is this promised improvement going to take?
N/A

Ticket response times?

If Plusnet quote 22 hours, 48 minutes and 1 second as the average response time to a customer question, how do they quantify that exactly?

It's now been 101 hours since I requested an update on my ticket & still nothing.... Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.
N/A

Ticket response times

Just managed to get a simple change made on my hosted domain. Took best part of 4 days to get a change that will have taken a CSA about 30 seconds to complete.

I tried to call to get an idea when this change would be made and was unable to get through to a human, just got a recorded message telling me to ring a non existant premium rate number, or to use the portal help (which they seem to be ignoring)

Opened a new ticket to ask how long it would take them to deal with this ticket and essentially got a telling off as the response.

Plusnet need to remember who the customers are and the CSA staff really need to get a grip on who ultimatley is paying their wages.