cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket response time variations

glyndev
Grafter

I have 2 accounts which domains hosted on them. Both required that I raise a ticket requesting that +net to change the CGI service setting for the domains.

For one account this took 63 minutes to be actioned and the setting changed. Cheesy

Yet for this account ticket #16910561 was raised at 17:35 on 29 June and is still waiting to be actioned as of the time of this posting. Sad

Why the big variations :?:
7 REPLIES
N/A

I think the ticket system does not work properly or there are one or two members of staff who get the tasks and ignore them if its not something they want to do!

To plusnet - I was a helpdesk manager (now called service desk managers) and you need to sort your policies, systems and procedures out . would you like me to do some consultancy work for a reasonable sum?
csogilvie
Grafter

Staff continually avoiding tickets would be noticed as the system logs that. I also think that doing things like enabling CGI domains is probably one of the easier things to do in the system.

Out of interest, did you raise the tickets at the same time?
glyndev
Grafter

On the other username "horailroader" the ticket was raised at 16:37 and actioned by +net staff at 17:40.

For this username "devonports" the ticket was raised at 17:35 and still waiting.

I was actually wondering if the member of staff that actioned for "horailroader" saw both tickets and noticed that the surname on both tickets was the same and thought that I had duplicated the ticket.
N/A

i agree with the poster, i replied to a ticket (whatever the proper term for it is) and no one bother replying and yet when i started a new ticket my response was answered within few hours? and i replied to that ticket and guess what? no one has bothered answering my ticket! very annoying and frustrating especially as i am a new customer and my order hasnt even started yet! and last thing i need is them actioning my ticket "late" which would mean that i am without broadband for more than i would have if they actioned it sooner!!
N/A

I can see a pattern developing here regarding not answering support tickets.
N/A

well done sherlock holmes Wink
N/A

well done sherlock holmes Wink

Yep, it took some figuring out, but I reckon that that's why people aren't getting their problems resolved aswell you know.

:twisted: