cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket reply time -maybe time for a MAC - still stormy.

Slipperymack
Grafter

Ticket 19436407 opened 20/5/06 as problems with Max since 1/5/06 - various back and forth's - eventually being advised on 1/6/06 that -

" ..... you to continue to monitor this for the next few days as we have been advised that BT are working on resolving these issues and you may see the speeds improve from around the 6th of June.

If you are still seeing the same rates of speed after the 6th, then please let us know and we will investigate this further."

Came back from holiday and speed was slower than ever - .158 at one point. It has since built up to a massive 500ish. My router is synching at between 5500 - 6200 all the time. So replied to still open ticket to ask for problem to be looked

The reply from PN CS, after opening another ticket to see if my original ticket was still open, was received from the CSC Agent @ 4:51am on Saturday 24th June 2006 and stated -

" **Internal** EU chasing fault Regards, ********** "

I have got nothing since, I have no idea what is being chased, have been given no explanation or timescale. I currently have an SNR of 500, which was 5500 prior to going on holiday, also router lost sync hundreds of times whilst I was away.

Please please PN can somebody give me an idea of what is actually happening.

By the way a ticket I sent about getting a Mac code was replied to within hours - do PN actually want my business? Good communication is the basis for a sound business and I am seriously considering jumpimg ship as I do not want to spend the small amount of leisure time I have chasing CS for a decent reply and ultimately a resolution to my problem.

Has anyone had similar problems when not using their connection? I was away for 2 weeks, or is this something that is to be expected from now on with MAX, even when the current problems are resolved and irrespective of what ISP they are with

Also has anyone been able to regrade back to their pre MAXDSL PN service and if so have they had any problems with speed etc?
3 REPLIES
Slipperymack
Grafter

Progress !!!!!!!

PN have now referred my connection to BT, which ws done yesterday, BT came round today - so tanks PN for that. The engineer diagnosed a problem with the voltage on my phone line - which needs further attention and possible replacement from the connection box in the road to my house - which they say will be possibly rectified tomorrow. So myself and others who have been complaining about PN may have misdirected our rants and some of the problems could be old BT equipment/cabling which does not meet the requirement for MaxDsl. Although I have just done a speed test and my speeds are back to pre Max - even though BT have not even done anything to the line? Cheesy

Once the line has been repaired I have been advised that I will have to go through 10 + 3 more training days etc.

All a bit of a mystery this MaxDSL lark?
Slipperymack
Grafter

BT have now tested my line and broadband connection - they have found no problems - initially there was a voltage drop - but when they came back the next day to test again this had disappeared? Line has been tested back to the exchange and I have been informed is a very solid connection - "almost 100% up to the master socket". So no problems with my line, no problems with my equipment - must be MaxDsl - will now ask to return to my previous rock solid 2MB connection.

Has anyone else been regraded back to pre MAX connection and had problems?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The problem with regrading you back to a standard IPStream product is that it may not fix your issue.

It's likely that your line had an underlying fault, and the change to max caused this to be more prominient. Unfortunately a change back may not resolve this.

The best course of action is to let us investigate this as a fault.