cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket put on hold !!!

N/A

Ticket put on hold !!!

One of my friends is emigrating to australia in february so will not be requiring broadband any more.

As I have their computer to fully rebuild it before they go, we went online today to raise a ticket with F9 requesting that they be moved to a free account so they didn't have to setup new emails addresses, etc when they got there and wouldn't lose any emails coming to them.

This I think is a simply request and there should be no reason why it can't be actioned asap, yet someone in support has put the ticket on hold until their next payment is made, before doing anything, thus getting another months payment out of them.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Ticket put on hold !!!

woodviews,

I think this is part of the 30 days notice period. If there is another billing date within the 30 days notice then your mate will be billed this, however once the 30 days has passed and bb has been cancelled etc, the account should be placed onto a free account. If the bb account has not been used at all after the 30 days notice has been served I believe it is a case of raising a ticket to get a refund on the un used time and remainder of the month for which your mate has paid but the connection ahs not been used and not been active.

I am not 100% certain on this however, but I am fairly sure that this is how the system works.

Regards,
N/A

Ticket put on hold !!!

well they currently not using it

and definitely won't be again before they move

then again they could easily cancel their direct debit payment option, this means F9 won't be able to take the money, and will automatically suspend their account
N/A

Ticket put on hold !!!

woodviews,

As much as this would seem a nice option it is not advised. F9 will start by suspending the account following on with letters of recovery and even possibly court action.

The best bet would be to raise this point with CSC or even billing to make sure they know to cancel the account down to a free payg dial up one.
Then double check with them to make sure that a refund will be made for any amount of time the account has not been used after the 30 days noticed has expired.
So if billing was on 20th of Jan 2006 and the 30 days notice expires on the 22nd then this would mean that 2 days worth would be calculated and substracted from the subscription and a refund should be made for the rest.
As I said in my post above, I am not 100% on this but I am fairly sure that this is the way things are conducted.

Regards,
N/A

Ticket put on hold !!!

As much as this would seem a nice option it is not advised. F9 will start by suspending the account following on with letters of recovery and even possibly court action.

Not that it would worry the account holder if they are moving to Australia!! By the time the first letter had been written, they would be gone.

Mark
N/A

Ticket put on hold !!!

Mark,

I know it doesnt really matter as they are moving to Oz, but ultimately its a matter of whats right and wrong.

Im not saying it cant be done, cause it can. But I am saying it is not advised to be a cause for action.

Regards,
N/A

Ticket put on hold !!!

well it seems they've gone an messed it all up now, not sure what is happening.

found out they were going to cancel the account, and not downgrade it, so updated the ticket to ensure it is downgraded before they go, and now they say having problems downgrading as its through for any upgrade.

why can't just be as simple as it used to be in the old days, where you could just click on the option to more account and it would then be done with no fuss