cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket number: 19613102

N/A

Nearly a week ago I raised a ticket stating that my connection had not been working for the last 3 weeks.

Can somebody please look at the ticket and get it resolved. All i've had is a canned response asking me lots of questions I answered in the original ticket.
28 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Unfortunately, the faults team are all out watching the England match, and have probably had a couple of beers by now. But I'll flag it up to them so that they can take a look tomorrow when they're a little more sober.
N/A

That's not funny.
N/A

That's probably not a joke :twisted:
N/A

This really was just a late April fool wasn't it?

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44063
N/A

That's probably not a joke :twisted:

No, a joke is having no stable internet for a month and no customer service for a week.
N/A

Still no sensible reply since the 1st canned response.

Over a week now. Please can this get resolved.

Who else can I turn to, is there a complaints procedure?
N/A

Tell me if i'm missing something here:

[Support Wizard Journey]

[Additional Information]
For the last 3 weeks my internet has not been working properly. The router will not sync. When it does sync the internet is fine but then the router will lose sync and i'm unable to connect.

i've checked and tried it with different leads / filters and router. The router is plugged into the main phone socket and no other devices are connected.

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 2:38am, Thursday 15th June 2006

Dear Miss Clarke,
In order for us to investigate further please provide answers to the following questions. BT require the answers to these specific questions before we are able to raise a fault to them. It is important you try all the suggestions so we can rule out non-BT faults. If we raise a fault to BT and the cause is found to be due to your equipment or setup then a BT administration charge of £54.05 can apply.

1. Does the loss of connection occur only at certain times of the day or is it continuous? If only at certain times, please state when.

2. How long has the problem been occurring for and when did it start?

3. What are you doing at the time of the fault - e.g. downloading large files, or does it only drop when idle?

4. When you lose connection is sync lost on the modem/router - i.e. does the ADSL link light start flashing or does it remain solid green?

5. Do you have any other equipment on the line that may affect service, such as a fax machine and is the PSTN (voice) service OK?

6. Please connect your modem/router to the master socket, leaving all other equipment disconnected and see if the problem still happens.

7. Has another modem/router been tested on your line, or have you tested your modem/router on a line known to be working?

8. Has the micro filter being changed to prove if it is a problem?

9. Are you on a particular website when the connection drops?

10. Is the session actually disconnecting (requiring you to login again), or is it degrading to almost nothing (session stays up, but hardly usable)?

11. Can you reconnect again straight away, or do you have to reboot?

12. Do you use any other protocols and applications other than Web-browser, email and FTP?

13. Do you get an error code when you log on again?

14. Have filters been added to all used points?

15. Is there an alarm system on the property which utilises the phone line?

16. Have you anything else connected to your PC besides the modem/router?

Please note the make and model of the hardware that you have. This may help us identify problems more quickly.

Please also include your preferred contact number, (which should be a mobile phone where possible) and an alternative, along with the best time to contact you.

IMPORTANT:

In order for us and BT to investigate further you must leave your ADSL hardware powered-up and plugged in.

Regards,
link:CUAremoved

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
Your comment 8:21am, Thursday 15th June 2006

Hi K, thanks for the canned response.

If you'd have read my initial contact you'd have answered most of the questions you've asked.

1. Does the loss of connection occur only at certain times of the day or is it continuous? If only at certain times, please state when.

It's random

2. How long has the problem been occurring for and when did it start?

3 weeks

3. What are you doing at the time of the fault - e.g. downloading large files, or does it only drop when idle?

Sometimes it drops while i'm using the computer, other times i've noticed it's off when the computer is not even turned on. It's random.

4. When you lose connection is sync lost on the modem/router - i.e. does the ADSL link light start flashing or does it remain solid green?

AS I SAID - The router is losing sync.

5. Do you have any other equipment on the line that may affect service, such as a fax machine and is the PSTN (voice) service OK?

AS I SAID - No

6. Please connect your modem/router to the master socket, leaving all other equipment disconnected and see if the problem still happens.

AS I SAID - It is

7. Has another modem/router been tested on your line, or have you tested your modem/router on a line known to be working?

AS I SAID - I've replaced everything

8. Has the micro filter being changed to prove if it is a problem?

AS I SAID - I've replaced everything

9. Are you on a particular website when the connection drops?

No

10. Is the session actually disconnecting (requiring you to login again), or is it degrading to almost nothing (session stays up, but hardly usable)?

It's losing ADSL sync

11. Can you reconnect again straight away, or do you have to reboot?

It's nothing to do with the computer, it's the router. Sometimes it will be unable to sync for hours, sometimes only a few mins.

12. Do you use any other protocols and applications other than Web-browser, email and FTP?

And this makes a difference because....

13. Do you get an error code when you log on again?

No

14. Have filters been added to all used points?

Yes

15. Is there an alarm system on the property which utilises the phone line?

No

16. Have you anything else connected to your PC besides the modem/router?

Yes, I have lots of strange things. You might have heard of them. Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, iPod, Printer, Camera.

Please note the make and model of the hardware that you have. This may help us identify problems more quickly.

Netgear DG834

Please also include your preferred contact number, (which should be a mobile phone where possible) and an alternative, along with the best time to contact you.

07771 *** ***

IMPORTANT:

In order for us and BT to investigate further you must leave your ADSL hardware powered-up and plugged in.

It's always plugged in.

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 5:42am, Friday 16th June 2006

Dear Miss Clarke,
[internal]
please test fault

Regards,
link:CUAremoved

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 8:28am, Tuesday 20th June 2006

My internet connection is still useless.

Please can you get this resolved ASAP
Your comment 9:15pm, Tuesday 20th June 2006

It's nearly been a week now.

You've done NOTHING to fix this problem.

I'm going to STOP paying you unless you START providing what i'm paying for.
Your comment 1:13pm, Wednesday 21st June 2006

Hello....?

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Please do not post the names of any CS Agents in the forum. It is against the link:rules thank you.]
N/A

That's probably not a joke

No, a joke is having no stable internet for a month and no customer service for a week.

You've also missed off the best part of the joke (for PlusNet & maybe BT as well) - the fact that you're still paying for a service you can't get!
N/A

I'm still in my initial contract so i'd imagine a re mortgage if I wanted to leave.

But that's another joke for another day.
N/A

I've had no steady sync on my router since last Thursday (solid green LED for 8-10 seconds at a time at most). I raised a 'question' via the 'helpline' on Friday, but have yet to receive any response from PlusNet. I feel your pain, for what it's worth.
N/A

Hi Pineview

i think that his comment was totally out of order and thats why i have left and waiting for my migration date i suggest when your year is up LEAVE asap but thats my opinion

rant over Evil
N/A

Another pipe dream:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44544

rather than constructing long posts about how great you might be, why not just spend the time answering tickets? i dont care about what you might be doing. just do it FFS.

Still no reply to my ticket.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've escalated this to be tested and raised as a priority, you should see a response on the ticket shortly.
N/A

Thank god.

How long is a short period of time?

Why does it always have to get like this?

All that's happened is i'm left with a nasty taste in my mouth.

It's nearly a month now that i've been without a stable, usable internet connection. And nearly a week since I got a reply to my ticket.