cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket - is it possible to edit?

Nick_Russell
Grafter

Is it possibe to edit a ticket to correct spelling for example after it has been submitted? I guess it would be problematical to do so once a reply has been received but before any reply would be useful.

If there is not a way maybe this post should be moved to the graveyard of "Ideas and Suggestions"
9 REPLIES
N/A

There is no means of editing a ticket once submitted. I have felt that this would be a feature that might be of benefit to me, considering the number of typo's and spelling mistakes I am prone to make.

I can see reasons for not permiting the editing of tickets but perhaps a time limited edit function, whilst probably not high on the list of development priorities, would be of use.

As for the graveyard of ideas forum.......how true.
N/A

A Spellchecker would be useful. One way would be to type up in Word or similar, check spelling and grammar, then copy and paste into the ticket.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

You can get spell checkers for your brower. iespell I think is the one for internet explorer. I can't remember what the one for firefox is, but there is one.

Phil
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Found it!!! Spellbound is the firefox spell checker!

Spellbound

iespell

Phil
N/A

Firefox Spell Checker : http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/
N/A

There is also a google toolbar for firefox which has a spell checker.

http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/
Nick_Russell
Grafter

We've strayed off the point a bit. Spelling errors were only an example. I would like a facility to amend a ticket after it has been posted not just correct spelling errors.
N/A

If you are wishing to provide additional information, then you can just append a new post to the ticket.

Providing editing facilities opens the system to abuse. Using a "once posted, it's posted" policy makes sure each post can be held accountable.
N/A

Sorry! As you know, you can edit your own posts on the forum. But a ticket enters the system, where it is assigned and placed in a queue. Retrieving it back to you, I think, would be extremely difficult.

There will be a stage where you can input any corrections or further information as a response.