cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket closing

LastRoMan
Grafter

Ticket closing

Often when getting to the point where we say 'yes' or 'no' to 'Did we understand your problem?' - as well as 'Yes' I would like to say 'Thank you' - there is still no provision for this.

I appreciate it may not be there in order to save the time of PN staff - after all the problem/ query is fixed and they can go on to another one. For me to just say 'Yes' seems somewhat discourteous when I have leaned something from the exchange.

So if Ian Wild sees this - Thank you for completing Ticket number 13366723 - the information you gave helped me to better understand headers and email spoofing.

Regards, Conrad Cheesy
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Ticket closing

While it is often nice to thank the CS agents for dealing with tickets, it is much better if you just close the ticket without replying. This is for 2 reasons

1 - the CS agent concerned will not necessary pick up your ticket as they are assigned to any CS agent that is free at the time your ticket is at the top of the queue and not the agent that last dealt with it.

2 - You are actually wasting the CS agents time if all there is in it is a thankyou. It takes time to access your customer details prior to dealing with the ticket and to close it (or reply thanking you for your thankyou which in turn you have to spend time in closing it). They could have used the time on your ticket dealing with a ticket which actually has a problem in it.

If you want to pass on your thanks, you can do so as you have already. Quoting the agent concerned and thanking them here on the forum. It is after all the customer feedback forum and your comments will be noted and passed back to the agent concerned.
LastRoMan
Grafter

Ticket closing

Just as I thought - I will use this medium for my Thank-you's.

No need to reply to this!