cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket closed incorrectly

N/A

Hi

I have had a ticket open since last Sunday regarding frequent disconnects. The advanced tests were run and reported

"Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

The Connection checks have now completed

Test result summary: Fail
We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems. More information may be available on our Service Status page.Please check Service Status.If there is no service-wide problem reported on Service Status, we will provide an update when we have more information.with the PN service."

I'd advised (foolishly I realise now) that I was obtaining another router (Draytek Vigor 2600) to see if this made any difference to the connection and awaited a response. I recieved no email telling me that the ticket was closed yesterday (though I suppose this is related to the current "issues") however the last entry was

"Dear Mr XXX,
This could be a problem with the MaxDSL.
However the new hardware may actually resolve any issues also.
Please can you try this hardware for us and let us know if the issue persists?

Regards,
XXX

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html"

And the ticket is closed! How am I supposed to let them know if the issue persists? I have no intention to sit on a phone for 45 minutes as happened the last time, and the only way I can get this through to the relevant people seems to be to raise a new fault, starting from scratch. This clearly is not right - could someone from PN have ticket 19738687 reopened and dealt with please? For the record issues persist with new hardware.
11 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

I don't believe the facility exists to reopen the ticket, you'll just need to work through the http://faults.plus.net/ wizard again unfortunately Sad
Laugh
Grafter

I don't believe the facility exists to reopen the ticket, you'll just need to work through the http://faults.plus.net/ wizard again unfortunately Sad

Blimey.... Actually that's not very good.

I can understand (and agree) that once a customer closes a ticket then it shouldn't be re-opened. But if PN close it in error, then it shoud be re-opened. After all, the fault has not been rectified.

And trying to get to the point where you raise a ticket isn't that easy any more! You need a map, a compass, GPRS and leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find your way back if all else fails.
N/A

I guess it's in their interest to close tickets as soon as possible as this *looks* better superficially. But underneath it is a sorry state of affairs..
N/A

You're correct. If nobody reopens the ticket (as csogilvie suggested might not be possible) I'll be on the phone tomorrow as I'm not prepared to wait another week for the ticket to be processed. If it really is the case that a wrongly closed fault cannot be reopened I will be astounded - the current situation with support is atrocious, and I'm near enough migrated all my other domains etc away so this may prove to be the straw that broke the camel's back.
N/A

It would appear that as I cannot get through on the phone I'm going to need to keep bumping this here. Apologies mods, but this is a pants situation and PN really need to sort it out.
Community Veteran

The closure of the ticket should not have happened and is due to the fact the ticket was created automatically by the fault checking tool.

Mand has already raised this as a problem as it happened to an account I have access too who had an open fault and I was also surprised whnen she added a note that the tcket was closed.
N/A

I had a fault ticket closed too, when there was no way that it should have been closed.

A dissapointing part about it, is that the fault ticket had been opened because the one before (reporting the same issue) was also closed by PN because they felt the problem must have been resolved (because I had sync - wonderful... but getting sync wasn't the problem I was reporting though)

Fault tickets should only be able to be closed by the customer (like other customer generated tickets) and PlusNet should not assume that a fault is "ok" until the customer says so (or allows the ticket to time out through inactivity)
N/A

The theory of timeouts is a good one, however this ticket was closed a day after the last comment from PN, and I recieved no notification of this. What I'd like is for someone from PN to either reopen the ticket or contact me to explain the next steps. Relogging the the online tool is not a reasonable expectation.
N/A

still no comment from PN...
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Reopening automated faults tickets is not possible unfortunately. If you could raise a normal ticket referencing the previous one I'll get it dealt with by the faults team as a priority though, just let me know when it's done.

As for why this happened, agents have two options when returning a ticket for customer comment, choosing close returns the ticket to the customer in most cases but not when the ticket was raised internally or was automated (as in this case). The other option is to escalate the ticket to the customer, which flags this is the portal for your attention, but the ticket remains open. Obviously an agent chose the wrong option in this case.
N/A

Thanks Mand - how exactly do I go about logging a "normal" ticket? The new online logging tool is a nightmare, and I can't find anything that seems relevant.

EDIT - never mind, logged in Your Feedback, will PM you ticket number now Mand