cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Times

LiamM
Grafter

Ticket Times

At 11:30 today I raised a ticket requesting that my domain name admin contact was changed to myself (if it wasn't already) in preperation for a transfer out. I explained that 123reg required the Admin contact to be correct before the transfer, as they will use it to contact me and confirm the transfer into my 123reg account.

Just over an hour later I got a reply from an agent whom obviously did not read properly what I said as his reply was
"You just need to change the IPStag and transfer out from your portal. From that point your new registrar has full control of the domain, and can change any details (such as admin contact) themselves (usually automated). "

Well that's all very nice and well, and thanks for the quick reply... but that's not what I wanted. So I politely requested that he re-read my initial query and sent the following reply :

Please re-read what I said. In particular "This needs to be me before I can initiate the transfer to 123reg as they will email me a link to confirm."

The admin email must be set to me BEFORE the transfer is initiated. This is because 123reg send an email to the admin contact of the domain when the transfer is complete to finish the transfer into my 123reg account at their end.

If the admin contact is not changed to me when I initiate the transfer, then when the transfer is complete, 123reg will not be able to contact me.

Well since sending that, I have been waiting 9 hours. Yet, I only had to wait just over an hour for a reply at mid-day. Are you telling me you suddenly had a 9 hour workstack come in?

Even if the department concerned went home at 5pm... (which I very much doubt, since it isn't a complicated task) - that's still 4 hours.

Why is this? Very inconsistant ticket timings.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Ticket Times

Liam, although not the answer to the itcket issue itself , if this is a .com or .co.uk domain, you can very easily just leave the details as they are.

PlusNet will forward any requests from registrars for transfer to you via email.

123Reg do not manualy check the details. It's only used to verify you identity, and that you own the domain.

This is done through a authorisation code, which you type into the 123reg control panel.
LiamM
Grafter

Ticket Times

Ah right, so I can initiate the transfer now and PN will forward any emails to me so that I get the auth code?

Sounds good!

Still no reply to my ticket. Thats, what, a 1 hour reply time to ticket opening and so far 20 hours has passed since my reply. To the same department.
N/A

Ticket Times

Be prepared to wait about 6 weeks for an answer, that's how long i've been waiting
LiamM
Grafter

Ticket Times

I want to know what is going on now.

I have been waiting for precisely 26 hours for a reply to my ticket, when the initial response came in just over an hour.

We're told tickets are all dealt with in order, and we're told that staff cannot ignore tickets, so did they suddenly stop responding to tickets at 2pm yesterday afternoon?
LiamM
Grafter

Ticket Times

Can someone from PN please look into this?

After 42 hours I finally received my reply. But the agent simply dismissed my request as being incorrect.

This is the way a .com .org .net etc, transfer is initiated not a .uk.

To transfer a .co.uk domain we can change the IPSTAG to 123-REG which will allow them full control and billing over the domain.

Please advise how you wish to proceed with this.

So, I have just replied back with :

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY :

This is somewhat like talking to a brick wall. How hard is it to carry out my simple request?

From the 123reg site :

"IMPORTANT

Please ensure that the current email address for the registrant contact of the domain is a) a valid email address and b) that any email sent regarding this transfer will be responded to.

If either of the above do not apply, please ask your current TAG holder to amend these details before starting the transfer process through 123-reg."

When they see the domain has been transferred in to them, they will send the *current* admin contact an email containing a link to complete the transfer. If this contact is not me then I will not receive the email or be able to complete the transfer.

What it then says is this :

"What Happens Next

The Administrative Contact for the domain will be sent an email by 123-reg containing a link and password to confirm the transfer. PLEASE NOTE that they will have to log in to your control panel to confirm this transfer. If the Administrative contact is not you, please ask them to forward this email to you to authorise.

Once this transfer has been authorised the domain will appear in your control panel.

If the registrant contact for the domain does not respond to the email sent by 123-reg after 24 - 48 hours a button to amend the registrant contact details will appear in your 'Pending Transfers' section of your 123-reg account. Click on this button and enter the details you wish to amend. Print off the template and get this signed by the legal owner of the domain and then fax it to us on +44 115 877 0213.

Once this has been received we will amend the current details and re-send the 123-reg email to the new registrant contact to authorise."

I do not want to have to go through all that hassle of waiting upto 48 hours, sending a fax etc.. etc.. to further delay my transfer.

Could you please respond to my simple request, change the email administrative contact of the domain to ME, so that I can respond to the initial email and link they send to complete the transfer at their end.

With Thanks,
Liam Martin

It's a really simple request, and who the hell is the agent to tell me I am wrong? The procedure is clearly shown on the 123reg site. I wan't this transfer out to be as quick as possible, but it's causing a major headache for a simple task.
N/A

Ticket Times

I'll be interested to see how long my ticket takes for a response!
I just put a simple one in - asking for my MAC code under the 45 day Satisfaction Guarantee....................................... I have asked them to confirm there will be no charges as I quote "With nothing to lose, why not try us today?.

The term nothing means erm...zero so there should be no charges - correct?
MrToast
Grafter

Ticket Times

On the subject of Ticket Times

I read on the CS page under Ticket Resonse Times:

"This table represents the average time to close a ticket created within the "Contact Us" ticketing solution or through a telephone based query."

If this means that a telephone query which is opened and closed in 5-10 mins (and I guess most are) is included in that average it doesn't give a helpful indication as to the response times for the Contact Us Portal.

If this is right would PN consider changing how the statistics are compiled?
N/A

Ticket Times

i didn't realise this was the case, thank you for the information... i guess waiting 20 hours for a ticket is considered "normal" then. Evil