cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket No - 20720565

AndyR
Grafter

Ticket No - 20720565

The connection drop outs from the Router are still happening. Sometimes the connection holds for twenty minutes others a bit longer. The weather is showers with windy gusts. Earlier the Synch was at 6240 (0810 hrs)dropping every few minutes, now it is at 7200 and has just dropped again (1352 hrs). Since the initial drops I have been plugged into the master socket, but still the drop in connection occurs.

The borrowed modem has gone back to its owner.

Is my problem a line fault or a MaxDSL fault?

The flashing RED USB activity on the Speedtouch modem shows that something is not quite right with the connection. The D-Link DSL-G624T wireless connection is obviously more sensitive to variations with the feed from the exchange (for whatever reason)

There were no problems at all before I was upgraded in August [at my request]. The Wireless kit was in for two months before the upgrade. I did expect some disruption to services but now the drop outs and differences in speeds - dependant on which gateway I connect to is now getting me down. Would I benefit from being reset to the original Up to 2Mb connection?

My wife is so miffed with the evening performances [yo-yo effect; up and down to reset the modem] that she wants me to cancel, get the mac code and change again. I do not want to change because when the service is stable it is VERY good.

regards and hopeful of a good resolution
Andrew
3 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Ticket No - 20720565

Hi Andrew,

It is possible that you are a victim of the 10 day training period. You should be in a position to see a stable rate of connectivity after the 21st.

However, it could be wiring/filter related as Max is more susceptible to any poor wiring. I would suggest trying to use different filters and also try connecting your filter to the test socket behind your master faceplate.
AndyR
Grafter

Ticket No - 20720565

James
Thanks for the response

I have been in the master socket behind the faceplate since about 0830 hrs. I have tried a new filter, one clean out of a plastic bag [from the friend with the modem], but still dropping connections.
I was upgraded in August and have just returned from holiday (which might be a problem; no connection with your servers for over a week)
What next please?

Edit: SNR is up to 15 from 10, that is the highest I have ever seen it, end edit

regards
Andrew
AndyR
Grafter

Faulty Hardware

It appears that the D-Link router went awry.

I have now bought and installed a LinkSys WAG54GS. Now everything is fine. The connection is up and holding.

The D-Link must have started failing when MaxADSL was initialised. Purely a coincidence as the router was designed for ADSL2+. The connections were dropping and recently it has been unbearable.

Please note that it COULD WELL BE YOUR OWN HARDWARE that is at fault, not the link to the PlusNet servers.

I have closed the ticket thanks.

Andrew