cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket ID: 5694160

N/A

Ticket ID: 5694160

I have been experiencing problems with my ADSL connection for around a month now and I am growing tired and frustrated by the lack of urgency on Plusnet’s behalf. As you will see below the fault ticket I have logged with them has been chased by myself every step of the way. Today I log on to see that no one has replied to my comments from yesterday. I would have thought that as a ticket age progresses the matter would be escalated but this clearly isnt the case. I am currently on hold as I have finally lost all support for this service provider, where once I highly recommended their service to friends and colleagues. Can anyone tell me how to go about making a complaint to the regulators, Plusnet and anyone else? Maybe you have had to go through the same situation, please tell me your woes! Anyway still on hold. Please read below...

2002-11-26 20:28:54

[Support Wizard Journey]
[4 - Faults]
[ADSL Troubleshooter]
[Self Install]
[Circuit in synch - YES]
[Can logon to own username - YES]
[Intermittent or dropping connection]
[Additional Information]
I have a Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem and IBM Thinkpad with all the latest drivers. The OS is XP Professional. The connection to Plusnet drops of every few minutes. The modem connects directly into the wall socket as I have the combined telephone ADSL adapter wall socket. There are no other devices connected to the socket or any other extensions, just the modem. I thought that it may be some software auto disconnecting so I connected another laptop up and still the same happened.

This therefore narrows it down to the modem and the line. I took the modem and laptop to another address that connects to plusnet (lspight@plus.net) and tried connecting from theirs. The symptoms didnt manifest themselves. That means that the modem was fine.

This leaves only the line. Can I have this checked please? I hope we can resolve the issue ASAP.

Thanks

2002-11-27 10:36:53 Comment By: Scott Elliott CSC - Technical Support

This problem is being forwarded for a response

2002-11-27 12:01:23 Comment By: Stephen Dean CSC External Service Faults

now with BT - 1-LI1DX / 00303742 - plz monitor for the user - thanks.

2002-11-27 13:25:25 Comment By: Richard Allen CSC External Service Faults

Dear Customer,

BT now request that they send an engineer out to check your
line, please can you let us know of suitable times? Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, subject to availability.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support.

2002-11-27 13:28:52 Comment By: You

this afternoon, before 5pm Thursday 28th and all day Friday would be fine.

2002-11-27 14:07:13 Comment By: You

Could we be told which day the engineer intends to show up.

Thanks

2002-11-28 08:37:16 Comment By: Richard Allen CSC External Service Faults

Booked, 29th Nov, 1-3:30pm, cust aware.

2002-11-28 18:06:20 Comment By: You

Not entirely sure what is going on but BT customer services called this afternoon about 4.30 pm to say that the fault had been resolved although no-one has been here. I thought an engineer was physically coming to the flat. Is that not the case now?

Also the fault hasnt been repaired because as I type the connection is dropping off.

2002-11-28 19:20:46 Comment By: Richard Allen CSC External Service Faults

Dear Customer,

As far as we can see the fault is still in hand with BT and the appointment should still be going ahead tomorrow - however, we will update you if we hear otherwise.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support.

2002-12-02 13:41:57 Comment By: Torsten Dettlaff CSC - Technical Support

Dear Customer,

BT have requested that you retest the service at your location. Our logs and your comments confirm that this is still problematic (only connection above 30mins is the current connection).

I have returned this as failed and for further investigation.

Regards, Technical Support.

2002-12-04 10:07:31 Comment By: Alex Lee CSC External Service Faults

[Internal]

Access required. Cust advised (left msg v'mail) that engineer to visit 05/12 0800-1030hrs.

2002-12-09 13:05:53 Comment By: You

I rang Thursday afternoon and was told that I would have an update to this ticket within 48 hours. You were waiting on an email from BT as to the status of my line. Firstly there is no update to the ticket secondly there is no improvement in my line thirdly I am having to chase you at every instance to get this resolved. Can I have every issue dealt with please. I have been a staunch supporter of Plusnet over the last few months but quite frankly you have engineered one very unhappy customer. I would like to have one name that I can deal with on this issue from now on if possible. Someone at plusnet must take ownership of this fault through to resolution.

2002-12-09 17:31:55 Comment By: Richard Allen CSC External Service Faults

Dear Customer,

Please can you let us know what the outcome of the engineer visit was, then we can progress this further.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support.

2002-12-09 20:16:47 Comment By: You

I was on hold for 50 minutes on Thursday to get through to a helpdesk engineer so I could explain what the BT engineer had said; I now have to repeat myself again. As I stated AFTER the engineer had visited Thursday he was going to advise BT that the line dB level was too high and that the line should be disconnected. Quite frankly the engineer who turned up was useless. He was more concerned at getting to his next appointment that he was late for. Not only was he missing all his equipment and the only check he could do was by calling another engineer to test the noise level their end but also contradicted the previous BT engineer who stated that the problem was with our equipment as he was able to connect with his BT laptop. The first engineer was there for 2.5 hours had all the equipment, was more than helpful and an asset to BT. The second was a joke. The main point here being that 2 engineers 2 different reasons for the fault.

When you reply to this can you tell me if you have heard anything from BT since Thursday when the engineer visited as you are giving me the impression that you haven’t heard a thing.

Also as stated in my last posting can I have a name of one helpdesk engineer who is going to escalate this with me through to resolution?

2002-12-10 14:07:58 Comment By: You

Can I have an update please.

2002-12-10 14:24:07 Comment By: You

Further more I am to be billed on the 12th of December. As this issue is dragging on should the billing be postponed or even wavered considering the protracted time it is taking to resolve this issue.

2002-12-11 12:27:38 Comment By: You

It is quite unbelievable that no one has replied to any of the above comments. Please can I have a name of someone in customer relations management to which I can address a letter to.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Ticket ID: 5694160

Hi there,

I just spokem to one of my colleagues about your issues who is investigating it now. He will be updating your ticket shortly.

Best wishes,

Matt.
--
| Matt Saunders...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------+
N/A

Well I have had an ADSL service for 6 months without a hitch and now I am being told due to line limitations I can no longer have it and the line is to be ceased. Plusnet, BT regulatory authorities and anyone else who is prepared to listen have not heard the last in what has turned out to be a disgraceful matter.
N/A

> Well I have had an ADSL service for 6 months without a hitch and now I am being told due to line limitations I can no longer have it and the line is to be ceased. Plusnet, BT regulatory authorities and anyone else who is prepared to listen have not heard the last in what has turned out to be a disgraceful matter.

Hi there,

I'm very sorry for the way your situation has developed and whilst I can't discuss your specific account in any great detail in a public forum it certainly appears that BT made a mistake which it took us a while to identify. We have experienced a number of these "false green" issues as they are known and we do understand and appreciate the great inconvenience these mistakes in BT's initial line tests can cause.

Best wishes,

Matt.
--
| Matt Saunders...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------+