cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket #20582713 - Please read it and take action

N/A

I'm getting so frustrated of waiting 2 days for a response to it and then get some half assed reply like:-

Dear Mr xxxx,
BT believe this fault to have been sorted. Can you please let us know and advise should issues persist.

Regards,

And the 3 ticket replies previous to that was myself explaining the faults and the action that needs to be taken. So why not read them and take action?

In them I said my disconnection problems have been sorted. Hell, they stopped just before my line was downgraded by BT trying to sort it out (just my luck huh?)...and I explained that it was an exchange problem, that was due to be fixed by the 3rd Nov (but has obviously been done already) and not my sync rate being too high
I think the fact I was only getting cut off during busy hours makes that quite obvious!

Now I sync at 3.6mbps, i've given it 4-5 days for the stable rate and ip profile to change but nothings happening.

My IP profile has gone from 8000 to 2500, let me just give you guys the defination of 'upgrade':-

up·grade

1. To raise to a higher grade or standard: upgrading their military defenses.
2. To improve the quality of (livestock) by selective breeding for desired characteristics.

The only thing that's improved is my upload, which has gone up by a whole 10kb/sec, my download rate has actually DECREASED.

Before max DSL upgrade:
260kb/sec downloads, 28kb/sec uploads, 20-30 gaming pings

After max DSL upgrade (for around 10 days):
500kb/sec downloads, 500kb/sec p2p, 45kb/sec uploads, 20-30 gaming pings, disconnections during peak hours.

After BT 'fixed' the problem:
230kb/sec downloads, 150kb/sec p2p, 32kb/sec uploads, 150-300 gaming pings

I think you've left it too long now anyways, BT will close the fault 5 days after they 'fix' it if theres no reply. So I guess i'll just have to reraise a line fault, and go through the whole process again. ho-hum...

The clock is ticking - I have a list of potential new ISP's infront of me and if my rates aren't sorted 2 weeks from now i'm going :x
10 REPLIES
N/A

Actually, giving it till midnight and then i'll reraise a line fault Wink
craiglay
Grafter

mamboboy:

Given some of your posts, your sync rate seems to be quite changable. If this is true, there may be some underlying issue between you and the exchange.

Maybe if you could keep a log of sync rates and attenuations throughtout the day and post it to CS, they may be able to prod BT harder... I think BT's system means if you sync below 3Mbit at ANY time, you will have a 2500 IP profile.

Hope that helps :?,

Craig
N/A

I hate BT.

I'm sync'd at 3.6mbit at the moment, but I know my line can take at least 1mbit more than this.
Because of the frequent connection drops (a problem that was at my exchange just after I upgraded to maxDSL), the automated BT system seems to have put me right down to this speed.

During the 10 day period, the lowest I connected at was 4.8mbit, which was stable. But then as soon as PN passed my problem on to BT, i'm right down to this speed. Instead of looking into it, it seems they just cut 2mbit right off my sync rate.

I'll keep a log of the rates for each connection, but as for the attenuations, no can do i'm afraid as i'm using a speedtouch 330 usb modem Sad

Who cares if my sync rate is 3.6mbit...at the end of the day my IP profile is still giving me the same speeds I had before the max upgrade!
So all i'm asking is that PN contact BT asking them to up my sync rates again. If I happen to start getting cut off again, then thats my own fault. But I know it won't be the case.
N/A

Well they didn't do it for me, just kept saying my line was set to 2.5mb. My sync rate has been above 3000kb since last Saturday but i'm not getting any improved speed above a 2mb line. Thats why I have given up and migrated.
craiglay
Grafter

Looks like they have increased your SNR margin. This would have the effect of reduced sync rates to increase stability. By default, the target is 6dB but it can be increased in increments of 3dB to 15dB. Look for that in the line stats and quote it to CS.

This will give you a program to do it all for you.
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm#Speedtouch_330

I would note the important information on that page about MaxDSL requiring updated drivers....

The BT system only need to detect a sync of less than 3Mbit once to reduce your IP profile. It will take 3 days of higher sync's to increase it. One of the pitfalls of MaxDSL.

Upgrading to a router may help with stability and sync too, but this involves cost to you.

@farcry: Its a BT issue so its likely to follow you to your new ISP. Anyway, good luck with your new ISP.

Craig
N/A

Excellent reply craig :]

ReceiveAttenuation_dB= 48
ReceiveMargin_dB= 12
SendAttenuation_dB= 30
SendMargin_dB= 20

Anything wrong with that?

A friend of mine has a spare router hanging around, so next time I see him i'll try and see if he'll part ways with it Wink
But like I said, I honestly believe my disconnections that were occuring after I upgraded weren't a problem at my end.
The cut offs didn't kick in till about 2 days after my ugprade!
N/A

@farcry: Its a BT issue so its likely to follow you to your new ISP. Anyway, good luck with your new ISP.

Craig

Oh I know that but my sync speed has been above 3000kbps all week and there has been no increase in throughput and Plusnet have not done anything about increasing my speed when telling them. Its more than the 3 days and no improvement. I expect to get a better response from my new ISP when I say my speed is not what it should be and thre wont be any traffic shaping issues to interfere with the results either.
craiglay
Grafter

I aim to please... Cool

Those stats don't look too bad, although the Downstream SNR margin may be a bit high. (any one else looking, what do u think?) You could ask CS to prod BT to lower it but I'd say do so at your own risk. Still, the line management should sort you out if it goes too low.

I'd be inclined to try the router idea first and maybe if the router works better, ask for you SNR margin to be lowered for more performance. Again, your own risk...

There is so much that can go wrong with MaxDSL, its really hard to work out where the problem may be... The 10 day training can really be quite changeable as certain tests are performed!!

Craig
N/A

Yeah i'm browsing around for a cheap 1 port router now...

I know the sync rates change alot during the 10 day period, but my point is, not once during that time did I sync below 4.7, and I think then I might have got cut off once.
I really wish I hadn't raised a fault with PN about the line dropping. If i'd just come on here and read about all the other people having the same problem too I would have left it and would probably be syncing at 4.5mb+

BT lowered my rate right down in an attempt to sort out the cut offs, but i'd put money on it being nothing to do with anything on my end.

That's why i'm getting so frustrated! and it doesn't help when PN ignore me, which is why I will troll on these forums, and keep on adding tickets until they at least reply with an intelligible response offering to get back in contact with BT
N/A

Still no reply to the ticket Sad

Actually screw this, i'll just migrate.
It's quite pathetic how the only person trying to help me is a customer.
All I want is the maxDSL that I paid for. BT unnecceseraly downgraded my connection back to what it was before. Am I really asking for that much?
I paid £5 to have maxDSL for 10 days for god sake!

Actually I'll re-opt into the upgrade again, stating I don't authorise payment, but i'm entitled to a product I paid for and didn't receive.