cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three-part format email addresses

N/A

Three-part format email addresses

Has anyone had problems receiving emails (especially from abroad) to the three-part format address which plusnet uses?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Three-part format email addresses

> Has anyone had problems receiving emails (especially from abroad) to the three-part format address which plusnet uses?

Hi,

Are you refferring to username.plus.com?

This is VERY standard, nost ISPs use the same format. What problems are you seeing?

Given the amount of foreign spam I get (I use my PlusNet email address in Usenet) I don't believe there are any generic problems!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

A colleague in China has tried to send me emails without success... they don't get returned to him and his isp assures him that they are leaving them, but they just disappear! The same emails can be sent to me at another isp email address (two-part format) and are received successfully, so there's not a censorship problem.
N/A

Hi,

I don't know the answer to this, but the ISP at the sending end should easily be able to test the MX records their systems are serving up for this. I would doubt the emails are arriving on our servers... This is certainly not something I have ever heard of before (Especially with no bounce being received).

I would raise this via Contact Us, stating the email address the person is trying to send to (Ideally get him to spell it back to you - Just to be sure). We can then check that this works from an external ISP, but to be frank if it works from one ISP it should work from them all.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support