cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threatening behaviour from moderators

N/A

I have added fair comment to several threads recently and it seems that the comment does not conform with Plusnet's mission statement. I have now received two threatening letters from a moderator called pcsni.
I am suffering from advanced cancer and could do without this harrassment. All I want is a better service for all.
45 REPLIES
N/A

mikepiff,

I am sorry but I too must agree with the mods on this one. I hasve posted in another thread with regards to people taking a little bit of an attitude with the whole situation and making things all about themselves. I have at times classed you as being in this group.

A fair comment is more than welcome and appreciated by all and will be respected. But continous posting with regards to your problems and how badly Plusnet have treated you and how they are conning you is a little too far and over the mark I would say. I would say that this sort of behaviour is more than unacceptable and do believe that a fair shout must have been called.

If there is a problem with Plusnets services or Plusnet have been unfair in their dealings then I will be the first to point out that not only the mods but the PUG members will be one of the first to jump into the ring kicking and screaming. There is always a cival matter on how resolve things and a good way in how to debate them. Asking for explanations and then disregarding these to stand by your original statements is not acceptable.

Contention issues and contention based speed problems at your exchange are not problems imposed or caused by Plusnet so please leave this area afield.

Regards,
N/A

So, you are saying that the only way to get reliable broadband is to get the whole package from BT. Fair enough, I am tending to agree there. If Plusnet can pretend that this is a problem at the exchange and none of their business, at least BT cannot do that. You have convinced me.
I am only sorry for three friends who I convinced to use Plusnet before I joined now.
Community Veteran

No because BT Retail face the same problems PN and every other ISP face with BT Wholesale. Be Lucky that PN have a very good relationship with BT Wholesale otherwise nothing would be getting done

If there is a problem at there exchange which I am pretty sure there is then it wouldnt matter which ISP you went with, if they use BT Wholesale then you WILL have the same problems until BT Wholesale fix it
N/A

mikepiff,

What you have got to understand is BT retail and BT wholesale are NOT the same company.

They are as related as Plusnet and Wannabee are.

Why do you think you get such a patheticly small allowance with BT. Boy if your moaning now I would hate to see you if you had BT for an ISP lol. 30GB a month end of story, no way to monitor it, no warning emails no nothing. You go over and you get charged for it ( or so I have been told as were those poor souls who got billed hundreds of pounds for all the bw they used ).

What I am saying however is this. Your problems are caused by contention. In other words BT say 50 people or connections per xxx slot. So if you get 50 people on all at the same time then the net will run slow, sluggish etc etc because you are all fighting each other for the speed and bw.
This is down to BTW not having enough slots in the exchange and no ISP in the world could force them to put anymore in.

Like me, all you can do is sit and wait and see what happens and monitor the progress to see if any improvements happen.

Regards,
N/A

OK, OK, I agree with what you say and I can see that BT might let its acronym be used by another company, but they haven't, they are the same company, and BTWholesale is part of BTplc.
This doesn't explain why suddenly my connection started having problems though, the moment I switched from BTbroadband to Plusnet. Coincidence? Doubt it!
Given the nasty things said by the engineer at BT, I would suspect that some dirty tricks are possibly going on. Think about it. "Oh, you will get an awful connection speed with Plusnet, they connect too many users and the wires are too thin..." then I switch and lo and behold the prediction comes true!
I am not sure whether Plusnet loves BT or hates it! First relations with BTwholesale are all fine, next minute "blame BT wholesale for all your woes". Laughable!
N/A

I hasve posted in another thread with regards to people taking a little bit of an attitude....

I hope that's not a little bit of attitude you're showing there. Wink
passer
Grafter

Hi Mikepiff -

I'm just a punter, like you, and in Sheffield, and I have issues with PlusNet about certain things as well, but from an objective point of view, I try to keep my complaints and opinions in their related threads, from where I can follow them up, and take on board opinions and advice from other punters, the mods, the sparks and the visiting PN staff.
The reality of the way these forums work is that we have the opportunity to ask for advice and opinions and help, but only among ourselves. The staff who use the forums will only really interject or respond with absolute stone-cold facts. They're not in the business of engaging in discussion at anything other than a very high level, because they'd get crucified if they went on record with anything contentious or inaccurate which might lead to false expectations.
I'm sure they pick up hints and tips from the discussions in the same way that we do, and hopefully they follow them up and it might lead to a resolution of some problem or other. Equally, they can test the water and gauge the response of the customers when things are changed (often inexplicably and without warning, I have to say!).
However that's about it. If you advertise a problem you have in the forums (which I often do myself), you can then sit back and see if you get anyone else with the same issue, and if there is, the thread will take on some life, and it will get noticed, and if it transpires that there are a lot of people in the same boat, PlusNet's interest is aroused, and you might get somewhere. Alternatively you can raise a ticket (I know you have) and follow it through. You may not get a coherent response to the ticket (I rarely do), but at least the system exists, and is moderately efficient even if the response is not much use. And this system is supported by the provision of the forums.
Slagging off the company or its staff is ultimately futile though, as we all have the opportunity to take our custom elsewhere. One of the reasons that I don't do that myself is that PlusNet staff and the forum mods exhibit a lot of patience when dealing with the likes of you and me. If you address one of them by name in a post, you almost invariably get a response, which deserves acknowledgement in itself, and does indicate that they are watching. Also, at the end of the day, most of their customers are satisfied with the product. They sit out there with their broadband connection, and get exactly what they expect. It might occasionally drop, it might sometimes seem slower than usual, but my car has problems like that, and my electricity has been known to go off – these things happen. Nothing physical is perfect.
A quick glance through your impressive number of posts leaves an impression of somebody who is just determined to have the last word, and blame somebody for everything. And hijacking other people’s threads with your own issues is frankly quite rude. I realise how frustrating and irritating it is to have a long-running problem (don’t get me going on P2P throttling or the evening yo-yo speeds!), but while the occasional rant can be satisfying, and even entertaining, persistent negativity and thread-hopping won’t really achieve much. Most of the denizens of these forums are reasonable enough people, and I’m sure that the occasional visitors are left with an impression of a quite civilized place to get some help, or watch some mild techno/coms/geek sparring and information exchange. I reckon that if you chilled a bit and eased up on the look-at-me approach, it wouldn’t make the resolution of your problem any less likely.
Good luck with the contention - I've just found a card on my mat from SKANSKA - working on behalf of......BT! It says I'm going to be subjected to maintenance work, "in the next few weeks/days" (honest - that's what it says) which will drop my line and might(?) involve the replacement of the telephone wire with new wire. At least PlusNet pin down the hardware work to a defined few-hour period. Ah, well. (Ranmoor exchange, by the way).
Community Veteran

I have added fair comment to several threads recently and it seems that the comment does not conform with Plusnet's mission statement. I have now received two threatening letters from a moderator called pcsni.

No. You haven't. You've recieved two PM from a moderator asking you to conform to the forum guidelines. This isn't an infringent on your freedom of speech and doesn't mean we want the forum to be full of fan boys. It does mean we want people to post inline with the rules of the forums, if you can't do this then to be honest you should look for a forum with less moderation. We're trying to keep this forum as a medium for everyone to use. Not everyone is unhappy with thier serivice, not everyone is thinking of leaving and not everyone is angry.
N/A

I hasve posted in another thread with regards to people taking a little bit of an attitude....

I hope that's not a little bit of attitude you're showing there. Wink

Lol,

Nah, I dont have attitudes just PMT ( well if I were a woman that is ).

I was simply stressing the other factors and facts at play as apposed to what one may want to believe.

Regards,
N/A

...BT! It says I'm going to be subjected to maintenance work, "in the next few weeks/days" (honest - that's what it says) which will drop my line and might(?) involve the replacement of the telephone wire with new wire. At least PlusNet pin down the hardware work to a defined few-hour period. Ah, well. (Ranmoor exchange, by the way).

Gosh,a new line. You lucky person you Smiley .

Excellent post by the way; what more need be said?
N/A

Gosh,a new line.

When I ordered a new line from BT, they decided that major works were required and before long were digging up the street. An engineer told me that they'd estimated the cost at £4500, so I thought the cost of my half-price line promotion- £49.50- was a fair contribution. :lol:

I do hope my neighbours are now contributing to BT's investment, as my average quarterly bill is less than £40. :lol:
N/A

... An engineer told me that they'd estimated the cost at £4500, so I thought the cost of my half-price line promotion- £49.50- was a fair contribution. :

What can I say? :lol:
docrobster
Grafter

(Ranmoor exchange, by the way).

I'm on the ranmoor exchange too, not had a card through though.
Just a shame we can't get cable up our end eh?
N/A

What you have got to understand is BT retail and BT wholesale are NOT the same company.

Wrong again! I enclose an e-mail sent in response to a complaint sent to BTwholesale. Is there no end to this disinformation?

Dr Piff,

Please note that unless you are a Service Provider or Reseller we are unable to respond to any queries relating to services provided indirectly by BT Wholesale. We request that you contact your chosen supplier who will contact BT Wholesale on your behalf.

If you do not currently have a supplier, please use the Directory of Suppliers by clicking here.

Regards,

BT Wholesale
--------------------------------------------------------
btwholesale.direct@bt.com
www.btwholesale.com

British Telecommunications plc
Registered Office: 81 Newgate St, London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England No: 1800000
This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.