cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This may be very basic but,

stevewizz

If I move ISPs away from F9, how can I pick up my @f9 emails, which if they ever come through will be plenty!

Thanks in advance everybody
7 REPLIES
N/A

Keep your email client set up as it is, you will still receive F9 emails as your account will automatically be downgraded. You will only not be able to send emails through F9 if you are not connected to their system.

Mark
carpangler
Grafter

This is relativelly easy.

Basically set up your email client (outlook or outlook express, or whatever) to pick up emails from both your new ISP and F9. Send through your new ISP.

You would then need to keep you F9 account active for as long as it takes for for all emails addressed to F9 to stop. Also, remember to set your reply to address to your new address.

So, to keep the F9 account active, all you probably need to do is down grade it to a dial up PAYG and about once a week, just dial on using a modem (hopefully you still have one in your box), and keep connected for about a minute or so. This should keep the account active.

Hopefully this makes sense. If not then PM me when you are ready, as it only takes about 5 mins to set up.

So, who are you thinking of moving to. If it wasn't for the static IP I'd be off tomorrow after this farce. Does any one know a good ISP that offers a static IP at a reasonable price. I'll have to pay more than F9, but at the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and F9 have hit rock bottom and maybe time to move on.
N/A

Check adslguide for the same query. It was suggested to downgrade to a dialup account and keep it active. Not ideal though and doubt f9 would be best pleased.
stevewizz

Thanks people for the advice, only thing, I binned any modems that I owned, thinking that I could never go back to dialup, anyway they are only about £2 from a computer fair.

This Zen thing is highly recommended so im looking in that direction, read through their forum, everybody seams really happy, a good indication me thinks.

Shame to be considering this, but email thing is having a serious effect on my business, and I don't think I need to keep putting up with, what is JUST an ISP Cry
N/A

Look at the other forum posts here for alternative isp discussions

L
N/A

Just looked at Zen and have a problem with only being able to have one mailbox, may contact them to find out the cost of extra ones!!!

Bet Force 9 are pleased if they are reading these forums (hope not - get the email sorted first!) lot's of dicussions about other providers etc!.

Makes me wonder what would happen if they were to offer some kind of good will gesture, would people stop looking around and give them a bit more time!!!!
N/A

I'd consider it... but so at the end of my tether. At least im not running a business off F9.