cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is so annoying!

N/A

This is so annoying!

No problems for like 3 months and then suddenly my connection keeps dropping and re-connecting all the time. As I'm typing this right now the connect/disconnect cycle is going crazy. I've tried installing latest drivers for my internal pci modem and tried connecting through the mains only,
re-seating my modem. Theres no noise on my telephone line. This is so fustrating especially when I'm playing games online as it freezes when it disconnects. Help!

I've raised a ticket on this issue (5853802)
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: This is so annoying!

Do you know someone who has ADSL that you can try your modem and laptop on their line? If it all works okay, its then down to plusnet to check your line out with BT.

Here's a thread with a similar problem.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=530047

Possible worst outcome is if the line noise is above 60dB, BT may withdraw your ADSL.
N/A

> No problems for like 3 months and then suddenly my connection keeps dropping and re-connecting all the time. As I'm typing this right now the connect/disconnect cycle is going crazy. I've tried installing latest drivers for my internal pci modem and tried connecting through the mains only,
> re-seating my modem. Theres no noise on my telephone line. This is so fustrating especially when I'm playing games online as it freezes when it disconnects. Help!
>
> I've raised a ticket on this issue (5853802)

Good Morning,

The ticket you raised has been escalated to Technical Support for further investigation. It is most likely that we will need to raise a fault with BT so they can do tests on your line and at your exchange. The suggestion of testing your modem on another line is a good one and we would recommend doing this if at all possible to rule out a hardware problem.

Please check Contact Us for further updates or give us a call on 0845 1400200.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

I can't believe this but i think I have resolved the problem!

I thought to my self what was the last thing I did on my computer before my connection started acting like this? Then I remembered I updated my display drivers. I didn't think this would have any effect on my connection, but I thought I would just uninstall them anyway and see what happens. To my suprise my connection hasnt dropped a single bit for 30 minutes. Now I'm wondering whether I got lucky there or not, so I will keep it running for a bit longer to see what happens....so far so good.

Just confirm something for me....Is it possible for display drivers to somehow conflict with modem drivers?

If this is the REAL problem, then I apologise for wasting your time. You have been brilliant in replying to my tickets as quickly as possible.

Keep up the good work!
N/A

Okay I have managed to go 1 and half hours without any connection droppage. I think its safe to say that the drivers i installed somehow conflicted with my modem? I have installed display drivers one version down and they seem to work fine.
N/A

> Okay I have managed to go 1 and half hours without any connection droppage. I think its safe to say that the drivers i installed somehow conflicted with my modem? I have installed display drivers one version down and they seem to work fine.

Hi there,

Glad to hear that it looks like the problem is resolved. It is possible although fairly rare that different drivers can conflict with one another. Please let us know if you have any further connection problems.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----